1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

another Kangaxx tactic

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Thewl, Jun 29, 2003.

1. Thewl Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Doesn't the cloak of the stars make +5 darts? Shouldn't they hit Kangaxx the Demi-Lich? I know it sounds stupid, and haven't tried it, just curious.

2. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I believe that they disappear after one day, so you can't have more than six, and I don't believe that's good enough to take Gaxxy out.

3. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Then it's better to buy the Sling of Everard +5, but you still do only 1-2 damage... And that's bad because he is regenerating...

4. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

place several traps in one corner and after demilich appears knock him to that corner with 1-3 ring of the ram. kangaxx = dead.

5. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Better not let him see you then. Honestly, just buy a pro magic scroll people, there are two of them.

6. Greystar Gems: 7/31

I think Gaxx is immune to trap damage :confused:

7. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31

definitely not. ring of the ram deals full damage (5-30) and traps deal ~1/4 or so. at least kangaxx was dead in my game and didn't cast a single imprisonment.

8. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The cloak makes 5 darts in my opinion.

9. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Bloodtitan, You can only get 2 rings of the ram in the game (without cheating).

one from pickpocketing Turgal in the council of six building and another after you kill him.

[/Edit]
    Wait, I just found out how to get a third one by using a bag of holdings
    [/End Edit]

[ July 10, 2003, 12:16: Message edited by: Stu ]

10. StinkyGreenMan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Where is Kangaxx! The only liches i found where in the Unseeing Eye place, the bridge district and the city gates, i have the golden arms and legs, and the torso, and i might have another golden body part that i cant recall in my bag of holding, can someone tell me where he is im pretty sure i havent killed him and not known it

11. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

You can actually get three of the ring of Ram's.

1. Pickpocket the wizard.
    2. Get Valygar and open the Sphere but DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT go in the Planar Sphere
    3. Sell him out to the Wizards
    4. Go in and kill the Wizard

I never do this. I'm a roleplayer, not a powergamer.

12. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31

with an evil party i won't consider it powerplaying. you kill valygar and want a reward, but you also want to get into the sphere. IMHO it is just a bug, maybe there should be another item to be pickpocketed.

13. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I never knew you could get three rings of the ram. If you fire off all three after he turns into the demi-lich, should that kill him outright? He only has about 50 hp, and IIRC, the ring of the ram hits for 18. So, you have 18*3 = 54. He should be dead, or it least very nearly at that point.

The +5 darts are still a good idea, even if you only get 5 of them. Yes, they will only hit for about 1 pt each, but that still means it's 10% of his total hitpoint. AFAIK, the demi-lich does NOT regenerate. He's just tough to kill because most things only hit for one point of damage.

One question - does the improved mace of destruction have a chance of instant-killing him? I know I've hurt him with it, but does that save or be killed stat apply to the demi-lich?

14. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    At one point in an earlier game, I killed the demi-lich with one swing of the improved mace of disruption. I have no idea what mods I had and if they impact that battle (i.e., does improved Kangaxx remove this possibility, add it, or leave it alone?)

15. Greystar Gems: 7/31

@dmc: I dont think its a bug because Kangaxx is an undead and that Mace destroys undead, kind of chessy though

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.