1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Another "if" Thread....

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sir Belisarius, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] If you could visit Middle Earth at any point in it's history, where would you go? Who/what would you want to meet or see?

2. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I'd go up to Bilbo, and give him a nice hard kick in his backside. I don't know why.

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I'd love to see the great city of Gondonlin. Just the image of the 12 (I think it's 12) gates leading into the city its self seem to be a sight on their own, but the city... That would be amazing.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    What would I do? Go find an elven princess for myself ;)

5. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I'd go to Gondor. Or the shire. One of the two. More than probably the shire, and then visit Bree on the way home. Best ale in the area, at the Prancing Pony. And the dragon has a good drop too, methinks.

6. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'd probably light in at about the time Bilbo and the Dwarves are heading home and Bilbo has the ring, I'd mug him for the ring and just wander the land. Maybe I have to think a bit more about this though...

7. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

sometime around 1500 and get my hands on my preciousssssssss

8. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Bah. Rings are for weaklings.

Kick Sauron's ass and take over as resident evil lord. :evil:

Then proceed to replace every orc and goblin with Balrogs before rampaging across Middle Earth with my legions of doom. :evil:

First place to wreck would be those elven cities/dwellings. Pansy, pesky, annoying elves. :mad:

I, Shura, am far more worthy than the likes of Sauron and Melkor, both of whom are snivelling, incompetant wimps in comparison. Especially since I am not utterly dependent of some moronic piece of jewelry.
    :evil:

9. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

i would go see the eastern lands, and talk to god about life, the universe and everything. (and prolly get the response 42!)

Plus nothings better than see eden, the shire would never come close, plus middle earth has the whole war thing happening, that could shorten a man lifespan quite quickly.

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Well, it would be sure as hell great to see Melkor and Fingolfin duel before the Gates of Angband, though probably not all that great in the flesh. Methinks Gondolin is the place for me, see ya there Rotku ^_^

11. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Well if it's a matter of seeing any place you'd like despite how realistic it would be for an outsider to be allowed in those places, then it's Moria and Lothlorien.

The way Lothlorien appeared in the film is probably the best description I've ever seen of a city I'd like to live in.

Moria, on the other hand, would be extremely interesting during when the dwarves still lived there. I would've loved to have seen them at work on those beautiful, magnificent grand caverns and halls.

Although Shire would be nice to see as well, it's too common to compare if I actually have to choose only one or two locations. Afterall, I've seen wood-house villages and farming-communities far more than I need to here in Finland already.

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

To tell the truth, if I had to visit anywhere anytime, I would probably go to the point where all of the Ents still had Entwives and then ave a 6 month conversation about the weather.

Pretty relaxing I would think. :sleep:

13. Human Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

If I could go anywhere and anytime, I'd most probably go to Tom Bombadill and ask who the hell he is. It bugs me not to know.

14. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[edit] Bilbo's village: if it is really as idyllic as described. :D [/edit]

[ November 29, 2003, 13:32: Message edited by: Virne ]

15. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Nice threadjacking, Virne! :yot: I'll get it back on track...

I've always wanted to visit the Lonely Mountain and Moria. With Gondor and Gondolin a close second.

Meeting Eowyn and Boromir would be cool too!!!

16. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I would go to Saruman before he turns and become his apprentice.

The shire sounds appealing too though, a bit gardning and much beer sounds like a nice combination.

17. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I wanna see myself!! :D :p :roll:

18. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

I would have my (hairy) feet propped up next to Bilbo on the porch where he was talking with Gandalf during the years between his return from the Lonely Mountain and before he headed off to Elrond's place. We'd talk about pipeweed and how to carve a good pipe, swap stories, speak a dash of Elven now and then, and discuss goings-on in the Shire. Maybe I'd even help out in the garden a bit just to relax. It'd all be very peaceful.

Plus, I would totally own the hobbit basketball court.

19. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

hell.. I'd go weed smoking with the hobbits :D then a trip to some elven city and probably stay there :)

20. Falstaff

Falstaff Sleep is for the Weak of Will Veteran

I'd head East and figure out what the hell happened to the other two Istari.

If that utterly failed, I would then head over to Fangorn and live out my days under the trees.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.