1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ankheg Armor

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Wingfoot, Aug 25, 2000.

1. Wingfoot Guest

[​IMG] this is great armor to come across. it would be even better if you could wear a Ring of Protection while sporting this fine armor. i looked up Ankehgs in a Monsterous Manual, and its says nothing about this armor being magical. does anybody know why a Ring of Protection can't be wore w/ this armor?

2. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I think it's becuase it a "special" armour, like dragon scale armour is in D&D, and so it's classed as magical if you're going strictly by the rules. Personaly I think it shouldn't be classed as an enchanted set of armour because there isn't an enchantment on it and so the wearer can use rings of pretection etc.

3. caimenking69 Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

maybe it's like that to balance out the game because i got a guy with AC of -9 and it was pretty easy until our good friend sarevok, and his goofy little "iron" assasins who wanted to visited him before i did

4. Wingfoot Guest

i gotta agree with ya Vermillion, i dont think it should be enchanted armor. you gat no protection from magical or acid attacks, the only special property is its light weight.
    i guess you have answered my question under another topic, about wearing a Ring of Protection with Dragon Hide.

5. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] Dragon scale armour and a ring of protection was the only thing that saved our cleric from being disintegrated in the underdark campaign.

6. hooligan_inc Guest

Ankheg armour would be a lot better if it wasn't in a goofy green colour.

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Thank Glittergold that Ankhegs aren't pink...
    Try imagining a dwarf in pink ankheg armor. That's just disturbing.

8. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] I don't know, it might start a new trend. "And this season in the dwarven stronghold's the camp look is in..."

9. DarkCroll Banned

i think that the ankheg armor isnt so good...
    i have better armor :)

10. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Yeah, yeah.

But my orange armor is bigger/nicer/better than yours. :p

And my daddy is better than yours etc etc...

Wasn't that enough for today!?

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited September 13, 2001).]

11. DarkCroll Banned

do u have anything agianst me or what mr extremist

12. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i just collected it then sold it then used the extra cash to buy full plate

13. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Which is better, Ankheg Armor or Full Plate?

14. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

don't quote me on this but: Ankheg is just as good as full plate, but it doesn't weight as much.

15. [sOv]Storm Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

personally full plate(though it weighs more)it allows u to use rings of protection with it

16. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Indeed, but for creatures with less strength it can be very usefull cause of the low weight. A good fighter with high strength can better use Full Plate and Ring of protection (better Saving Throws too)

i think the armor will at least be pretty useless in my thief-only part :p

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

How do we get an AC of -9 in BG1? I want to do that! the lowest i ever got was -3

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hehe, check this out. (Out of our BG Encyclopaedia.)

Max Legit AC - 18 dex (6 AC), Full Plate Mail (-3 AC), Helm of Balduran (-4 AC), Shield +1 (-6 AC), Twinkle (-8 AC), Ring of Protection +2 (-10 AC), Claw of Kazgaroth (-11 AC), Cloak of Balduran (-12 AC), make the shield +2 (from TOTSC) and it becomes -13 AC total ;)

19. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Is there *any* way to talk the smith in Beregost into making more than one set of the stuff. It's just I went through with a fighter-heavy party, and found the rarity of full-plate etc. to be a tad irritating.

20. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Generally I had my two frontline fighters in the two sets of full plate (W/o expantion)and my meele healer got the other ankheg.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.