1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

...and *Pop* went the weasel. (goodbye)

Discussion in 'Sorcerous Sundries' started by Errol, Nov 13, 2003.

1. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] I thought I'd explain my coming absence before you start thinking i'm dead or just left. I'm sure you're all dying to know :rolleyes:

To cut a long story short; My stepdad vented all his anger on me last sunday, and my mother emptied hers out on me as well. Lots and lots of big big arguments have got more and more frequent, and it's ended up in my current situation. My current situation is where I am to pay rent, having my computer/internet access removed and mum 'ignoring me round the house'.

It's not terrible to the point i'm getting beaten, but it is pretty bad so i'm taking this oppertunity to move out. You may think it's pretty pathetic but it was going to happen at some point. I may have mentioned to some that it may come to this point, and now it has. I don't know how long I will be without internet access, it may be anything between 3 weeks and 3 months. Or even much longer.

I've taken 2 semi-permanent jobs to keep some income coming in for the inevitably huge expenses, but it'll be worth it eventually.

I'll be living with a friend - indefinetely - so I really don't know how long I'll be out of reach. I will still be able to check my email (gopher@sorcerers.net) on a semi-regular basis from the college network, but that really is everything I can do.

@Oaz - Hopefully I'll be able to attend D&D sessions and such on fridays from a friend's home computer or an internet cafe if I've got the cash, so hopefully I won't ruin it for you guys. :nolike:

@Others - thanks..uh, for everything. You know who you are ;)

I've not really got much else to say, if you reply there's a good chance I won't be able to read it for a good few weeks maybe. Sorry, this is a bit long winded and over-emotional, so I'll cut it short here.

Bye all.

[ November 14, 2003, 15:39: Message edited by: Gopher ]

2. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Well that certainly sucks. I hope everything turns out all right for you.

3. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

well, I guess you can look on the bright side. You get to live with a friend and you don't have to take sh*t from your mom - and stepdad.

4. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] That's too bad. We'll miss you. Take care and good luck.

5. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Damn Gopher, sorry to hear about your situation, I thought everything was going better for you :( If you want I can put your mom and stepdad in The Atlas of Doom :p Good Luck :)

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] survival of the fittest dude, show 'em all what ya made of. :)

sounds totally unreal to me though, hopefully you'll keep above water.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Ooooooooooh...

We'll miss you Gophy! :wail:

8. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Sorry to hear that. I don't know the specifics of your situation, but hopefully, after some time has passed, you will be able to patch things up. But for now, you have probably made the right decision.

9. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    I'm sure you'll overcome whatever problems you have at the moment.

Keep looking forward to the good times, Goph. :)

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    /me sends you lots and lots of good karma

We'll all be looking forward to your return, Goph.

11. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    * makes fist, hits chest twice, extends arm in salute.*

As-Salaam-Alaikum, my brotha. Don't let the man getcha down. :cool:

12. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Good vibes sent your way Gopher! I wish you much strength to do what's necessary.

I'm sure we'll see you soon again. :)

13. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Goph, you are not only the shiznits, but also the biznatch. Peace out, dude.

14. Lazy Bonzo Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Goodbye and Good luck! I hope everything works out for the best for you. Farewell Goph! :wave:

15. dman18 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

See you down the road Gopher, just keep saying everything will turn out for the best no matter what. Your mom and stepdad will not know what they will be missing. :sosad:

16. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Take care, Gopher. I know some of it... not as much as you perhaps, but enough to have a picture. Just take care, let's not get into big words. Hope it'll eventually turn out good for you.

17. Mummy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Everyone who's ever had or has come through the teenage year knows how hard it can be both for the teenager and everyone around. In our household I thought most things were going reasonable ok, even though we have arguments and try to do whats best even if it means pushing our children to do certain things.

So when my husband pop's in to this website to proudly show a colleauge the work our 16 year old son (I say our son even though my husband is his steph dad, he is the one who has been there since he was 6, helping out, paying, looking after, loving, raising etc) has done more or less free of charge for this website, Imagine what he felt reading Gophers posting.....

Not only is big parts of it untrue it is also very, very hurtful!

* We did have an argument when both of us questioned the fact that Gopher had done nothing about getting a new job, he goes to school max 25 hours per week and only works on a Saturday between 1.30-5.30, we approached him to try to get another job (plenty around at the moment)to get some money together to buy Xmas presents, help with his busspass and learn some independence etc. When he made it clear that he had no intention of workinig we said that until he made either the effort of getting himself another job or helping out a lot more at home(all we asked was for 1.5 days work per week), we would take away his internet connection since that is where he is spening all his time.

*We have never and will never hit him.

*We have never asked for rent.

*He has not mentioned moving out, and yesterday he was all sunshine asking for a lift, asking if it was ok to borrow my husbands jacket, getting fed, getting his clothes washed etc.

*This year we have paid for outdoor adventure trip to Scotland with the whole family (had a great time), Sunshine holiday in Portugal, a number of trips to Sweden to see the rest of his family and this summer we even invited one of his friends along and they had a great time going out on the moped we bought him as a "well done" in his exams. We paid for his computer to be build to his specification, we have loved him, welcomed his friends, encouraged him to take the right decisions whilst trying to grow up and we thought that we were doing a pretty good job of making him as happy as any teenager ever gets.

The moral of the story is that teenage children will never know what a thankless and difficult job it is to bring up children until they have done it. PARENTS HAVE FEELINGS TOO!

18. Mithrantir Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Allthough i don't know nothing about the situation and i am very sorry to see that Gopher will not(maybe?) be here for a while i can't help posting here asking Gophs mom to think that: YES she is right, BUT children have feelings too and by just pushing without explaining is not working. Why don't you sit down as a family and talk instead of shout? Both sides have reasons for taking a stance but if these reasons are not explained to the other side, the stance is taken as a dictatorship. Please talk, not for Sorcerers place benefit but for your own

19. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

/me sends good thoughts in Gopher's direction. Hope you'll be back soon Gophy... :)

20. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Good luck, and hope things work out Gopher.

Hopefully, you'll resume your passionate diatribes against powergaming someday.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.