1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

An X-box RPG - Project Ego

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Vukodlak, Apr 20, 2002.

1. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

2. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Yeah, "ego" looks totally cool. I coudn't tell from the preview if NPCs join you or not, but the idea of competing parties after the same quests is a cool idea if its implemented well. Soomething to look forward to, especially considering that most of the games available for the 'Box just aren't all that great right now, at least with a few exceptions.

3. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I doubt you'll be seeing much great from the X-box at presant, if ever. The X-box department of microsoft recently went almost bankrupt. Microsoft and to pump millions just to keep them going. Seems that it's been absoloutly flattened by record PS2 sales...

[This message has been edited by Z-Layrex (edited April 24, 2002).]

4. GuarMar487 Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

This gets me real mad! all the talk about how good ps2 i have it and it sux! the graphics don't compare to xbox OR gamecube! Even though internet rumors of an PS3 to combat XboX sales by over zealous XboX fans are completely bogus, i can't wait for the PS2 to come out as the wolf in sheeps clothing that it is.
    Any wway, stickin to the topic, Project ego looks great, but there is another amazing rpg coming for the xbox, is Morrowind, now THAT game is awesome!

5. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

[​IMG] what are you going on about? How can you possibly defy the brilliance of your PS2?!!
    Of course it has slighty worse graphical power, but that's what makes the playstations so great. Look at the PSX and N64. M64 had better graphics but the PSX still kicked it's ass. And it's the same thing with the X-box. You just can't beat the sheer magic of a PS2. Plus i can't get over how greedy Bill Gates is being. He's trying to get even more cash and and failing in an emmbarrising and wonderful manner. It's his own stupid fault for releasing the thing in the first place. The X-box could've been great if it was desighned differently and made by the Japs. Plus it can't produce any DECENT game's of it's own. It just nicks super PS2 titles and puts an 'X' at the end.

Ack, sorry for going so off topic, i'm sure your little X-crap RPG will be very nice.

[This message has been edited by Z-Layrex (edited May 04, 2002).]

6. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Sorry to go off topic a wee bit, but Z-Layrex, what on earth are you talking about? How can you say Bill Gates is failing in making money? Look at these facts:

And as for not having any decent games, Halo, by the 8th of April, had sold 1,000,000 copies. That's roughly more than 6 copies being sold per minute of every day since it has been released. It can't be poor if it has sales like that.

Anyway, I generally don't play consoles much. There's a dreamcast and a PS2 in my house, but they aren't mine and I almost never play on them. PCs are so much better :). And the only X-Box RPG I'm looking forward to is Knights of the Old Republic (I will, however, buy it on PC :)).

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited May 04, 2002).]

7. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

I don't see how that's possible. I read that the x-box sales were'nt covering the expenses of the launch, games development, adverts and other promotions. Halo good?!!! Sure it sold alot because of the hypw but it's so BAD! It's a cheap rip-off of red faction. And of course bill isn't going bust but i do know that he has lost some money from releasing his console.

8. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Those were figures taken from official X-Box press releases. And Red Faction? That game sucked. The levels were monotonous, and the scenery was pretty much exactly the same for the entire game. The only decent things were the vehicles, and they were used hardly at all, and the geomod technology, but that was used far less in single player than it could have been, and it relied on you to have some sort of explosives with you. Even the multiplayer wasn't all that fun because of the countless cheaters and lamers on them.

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited May 05, 2002).]

9. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31

Well i hate halo just as you hate red faction. It's slow, looks crap, the story is pants and the x-box really let's the handling down.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.