1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

An action without consequence

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Elios, Jan 20, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

If you could do one thing in life, what would it be?
    This would be something with no consequences. You could not die from doing it. You would not go to prison for it. Doing this would not cause you to go to hell when you die or get into heaven any quicker.
    And last, why would you do this?

[ January 20, 2003, 11:10: Message edited by: Elios ]

2. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

We're talking a gross satisfaction scale, here. I mean, if you're the only person who is going to remember it after that day, there are only two things that come into consideration: the instantaneous pleasure of the act, and the lasting memory. So what ranks high on the instantaneous and lasting memory pure satisfaction never getting caught scale- sex, drugs, killing. Let's get the nots out of the way-

I would not do anything sexual, mainly because whether or not I could never get caught, I would never fathom cheating on my girlfriend.

I would not do anything petty, like kill an old high school bully or my next door neighbor. That won't change anything, and my momentary victory will be hollow.

That having been said, I think I would bludgeon the Pope. For absolutely no reason. That's the beauty of it. There would be no real reason for it to be the Pope, it's not like I bear some grudge. I could just as easily have said, the guy who was in the Big Bird suit on Sesame Street, but the Pope just seemed like a good target. No one would be able to explain why I'd done it. It'd be with a tire iron. Oh, and I'd probably take every psychadelic drug known to man I could stomach, just for the hell of it. Seriously, I even kinda like the Pope. He reminds me of a muppet.

Amon-Ra

[ January 20, 2003, 11:01: Message edited by: Amon-Ra ]

3. Farthy Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Die - just to see what it is like.

4. Intentioner of the Damned Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

@Amon-Ra: You might just wanna read this before the mods get angry on your butt ;)

Wow, what a question! Violence is the first thing that comes to mind but it's not really something i'd get a massive thrill from. Until i can think of something worth doing, i'd make a meal for all my mates but put laxative in it. We'd all sit down and eat, even i'd eat, just to get the satisfaction of playing a supersick joke on them. And everytime i'd have to run to the toilet, i'd be laughing so much because i'd know that they were having to do the same.

[ January 20, 2003, 13:31: Message edited by: Intentioner of the Damned ]

5. aegron Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

just walk, talk, listen and be amazed about everything around me!!

6. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I think I would openly threaten blackisle and pestering them with bombthreats, stalkers and just plain putting a gun against their head until they sign a paper telling that they will make Fallout 3 in the next 2 years :D

Okay but seriously now, I would start killing rapers, killers, mass murderers on a reguarly basis, of course only when they are completely 100 % guilty. oh and that's medievel on their *sses so no quick bullet in the brain.

7. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Yike! I though you said you were going to strap them on a bullet train!

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Travel around the world by bicycle.

9. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Isn't this whole thing kind of self-contradictory? If I were to do that one-consequence thing, it wouldn't change or affect me, so why would I do it?

If I go kill my best friend without consequence, that means I will not learn anything from that experience, since the learning is a consequence.

But putting that aside, I think I wouldn't do anything at all.

10. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Jumping out of an airplane without parachute

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    I was assuming that "consequence" had a more practical term - that I could take an undefined period of time off from my "normal" life and live a dream, then come back and pick up right where I left off. While I'm off doing, my bills would be paid, my investments wouldn't crash, my house would be clean, my job would wait, the cats would be fed and the plants watered, no loved ones would need me, etc.

Of course, my dream is greedy because Hubby and Son would come along with me, and it would have to be consequence-free for them, too.

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I would get a fake ID and try and get a job in Lionhead Studios or Black Isle Studios and finally get a few answers from them both :thumb:

(They never reply to my e-mails!)

13. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Ask out every mildly attractive woman I come across, just to satisfy my curiosity, as to how many would even answer. :D

14. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Pilot an 747 and ram it to the new twin towers.

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Deal with Bill G.?

Windows - Gates to Hell :D

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Teekc, whether or not you meant that sick comment as a joke, you have a lot to learn about consideration for other people. Not just Americans, either - civilized people all around the world were horrified by that act of sheer brutality.

Grow up a little and think before you hit send next time.

17. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

If I could do anything, gain the knowledge of when and how everybody dies, then go around telling everybody about their death.(this ability hinges on belief that fate exists). Or maybe I would rather learn the meaning of life.

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

The meaning of life, what a stupid question, it is of course 42.
    And as to ramming planes into buildings, there are no consequences, so nothing would have actually happened. Everything is a consequence of something else, so to have no consequences you would have to stop time

19. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

It is an action without consequence after all, no one will be hurt in the process. i went through all the things i wish to do but only this one is a pure evil act from my pure evil ego that i cannot perform any how, any when, any where. So, no, this is not a joke. Yes, if it is an action without consequence at all, i seriously want to do it.

[ January 21, 2003, 04:56: Message edited by: teekc ]

20. Amon-Ra Gems: 10/31

I whole-heartedly agree with your choice teekc and right to express it. Whether or not you like what he believes, he has every right to believe it. You are no more deserving to keep your opinions than is he, so perhaps you need to learn some consideration for other people.

The point of this question, essentially, was to bring out what deep dark thing you'd do if you could get away with it. If that's what he truly feels [and as is clear by the above, it was no joke] than to the Hells with consideration for other people, that's his reply to this topic. Disagree as you may, don't try to belittle him or his words, as you just come off with a holier-than-thou tone that most people can see right through.

I myself wouldn't crash a plane, but if that's his dark fantasy [and he has no plans of realizing that fantasy] than your attempts at silencing his expression are similar to the notion of Thought Police. Thousands of lives were lost in that horrible incident, but keep in mind hundreds of thousands, millions even, were lost in wars defending the idea of freedom of speech. So be offended all you like, I'm honoring dead soldiers by defending what they died to protect.

*RESTRAINS SELF FROM SIGNING POST...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.