1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Amount Of Weapons And Spells

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by herf, May 23, 2001.

1. herf Guest

one of the very few things i found very lacking in torment is the few numbers of weapons, i know some might think there were a lot but theyre werent really, many of them were just upgrades of a previous one and all the good weapons had certain things needed to use them (i.e. celestial fire, lawful good). i just think that there could have ben more diversity for the weapons and more of them.
    and the spells, the effects were brillaint and the little movies for some of them like the abyss were amaxzing but yet again there were no really good spells and not many of thema nd yet again the unique spells only appeared like once and it meant you had to decide between dak'kon ignus and namless one for who to teach it to, i just think that they could have included more spells and some of the best ones could have shorter movies because lets face it, when your mum tells you to get off the computer before she threatens turns it off and ground you for a week and the worst thing is you just casted celestial host! see what i mean?
    just my two cents.

Herf

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You could throw Celestial Host on her... ;)

Anyway, the main plot in this game was put on the story and characters - not on hack and slash. Movies, number of weapons, spells, tattoos, etc. don't ruin the gaming experience. And that lack of variety can actually make you forget to search the right items/spells combo for use and to place your attention on the story itself and NPCs. That's why I love this game.

3. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] is there a sword animation for the nameless one in the game?

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Can't remember, try Celestial Fire to see it(but of course - you are not lawful good ain't you).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.