1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

America

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Icecold39, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Icecold39 Banned

There is another ost called bad america but i ddint want to post there because it was too long and no one would have prob read it. A lot of countries hate America for it Govt or our beliefs or whatnot. But you guys always come crying to use when your in a big war. Our Govt system has kept us Number one for nearly 200 years. we defeated the most powerfull army in hte revolutionary war. In WWI we wanted to stay out of it because it had nothing to do with us but France and Briton were begging us to save there asses. So we did. We also wanted to leave Germany in peace but France and other european countries wanted to have Gemany pay for the war so Germany went into a deep depression. France had the nerve to say sign this Treaty saying you will pay for the war or else we will invade you. Guess what FRance your milotary SUCKS you take credit for what the U.S and Briton did. France does nothing more than paint pretty paintings but you French need to start taking showers or invent yourselves some Colone Now Germany is poor and wants revenge so later Germany is Despret for a leader so they basically elect Hilter. Europe does nothing when this dictator takes over Germany. Hitler later moved his troops to the Rhinesland (Forbbiden under the treaty they signed) this was an act of aggression but Europe does nothing but watch. It could have all ended if the smelly French and the British wiped them out. So Hitler then took over poland and his military goit so powerfull Europe could do nothing. Europe was begging us to help again and save the day but we refused since we just saved your asses in WWI. We didnt come in untill Japan bombed Pearl Harbor in 1941 December 7.

So we came and stopped his rain of terror witht he help of the British. Jews are mad at us to this day because we didnt bomb the concentration Camps but if we did we would have killed the Jews and they would still be pissed. Russia also held its ground too but the smelly french were too busy painting they were taken over too we eventually saved them too.

After WWII we started to help other countries in need, now you asses get pissed pissed when we try to help and stop dictator ship from happening make up your damn minds. You anti Americans hated when we Isolated our selves but now you say we are too nosey. Your just jealos because we can kick your countries ass. You also make a big deal if we kill allies BUT it happens in war there is nothing we can do about it. There is always going to be friendly fire. French just piss me off because there military always sucked even in the hundred years war. but we save there sorry military in both wars and now there they dont like us. I like some countries like Briton, Canada(even though there French, they dont act like there the powerfull), australia(even though full decendents from convicts),some others too.

Im not sayng America is perfect we trained and Financed Bin Laden so they would have a chance with Russsia. Bill clinton like to have "Sexual Relations", and Al Gore invented the internet, and he also has a very smart Idea called the "Lock Box". Al Gore also siad he would never say anything he knows is untrue, George Bush gives a shit about the enviroment and he aslo happened to have invested money in that Oil company( cant rember name) he made alo of money. Criminals can be easily released witht the help of an expensive lawyer. WE also like to spy on China alot, They need to leave Tebet the fuck alone. But that what makes America Great

2. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

No offence, but do we really need another topic like this?

I didn't read the last one, and I only read this because I didn't think it was the same all over again.

It's getting very boring I'm afraid.

[Edit] I've now read the above, and I fear for not only the history teachers of the United States, but very much for the English teachers too! Such misguided, tabloid nonsense really does not deserve serious comments or debate. [Edit]

[This message has been edited by Viking (edited May 02, 2002).]

3. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] Is this what you've learned at school? :rolleyes:

200 hundred years as number one? 150 years ago almost one half of your country started a war because they wanted to abuse afro-americans. A hundred years after that, 2 million americans dressed up in white robes and burned crosses around in the southern states. You've been a world superpower for not more than 50 years.

In World War 1, half of France was completely destroyed. Only a fool would then go out and start another war against the german warmachine, which does nothing but occupy german land. OK, so the american invasion of Normandie saved the french, but it's not like American military is better than any other. With only 20 years since the last war, I don't think any european were expecting the whole thing to begin again.

American military is perhaps big, but that's it. You're just so proud of it you have to show it to the whole world. Take Vietnam for instance. The French Foreign Legion (which laughs at the US military) were fighting in Vietnam for years before you were going to fix the whole communist thing over there. The French left Vietnam when you went in (they understood that they couldn't win here), and we all know how that went. There is also a quite large number of other unsuccessfull US military operations. While other professional armies (like the French Foreign Legion) use small numbers of soldiers and don't tell everyone about it, you always have to send in the most expensive stuff you've got and show it off to the whole world. Not very clever at all.

Did you know that you also sent Charlie Chaplin out of your country because you suspected him to be a communist? If USA is the best country in the world, why are you "only" ranked as number 6 on the HDI ranking?

4. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Congratulations, Icecold39! You have created two more of the most controversial and inconclusive topics these boards have ever seen. SP will be going around in circles for days on this one.

5. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

2 million people in the KKK? Where did you get those numbers?

6. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31

Shralp, I know you're like the board secretary or something, how many members does your paperwork show? Remember, you can't count kids under 12, that'll just inflate the numbers.

7. Shralp Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

It's those bastards in New York. They keep raising their hands more than once when we go there to count.

8. Icecold39 Banned

You do have a point we did own slaves but so did other countries a long time ago but they had years to learn how to survive without them. Humans think (especialy white, im white too) that other races are below us. We had the civil war to fix that problem. Even today we view other races as less than us. We didnt even accept african americans in WWI and i think WWII(may be wrong). The last time we accepted Africans in our military was during the civil war thanks to lincoln. Africans did even better than the white man in battle but yet we refused to accept them as equals. I think Racism is is the worst problem in America.

What do you mean we dont use small forces. What are the Navy Seals, Rangers, Special Forces, there are others too but im not going to list them. We do are not the biggest army just the most powerfull. I believe China is the biggest. We also have the best technology. Back in the old days we were very close minded that was another American Weaknes. During WWI i think maybe WWII Briton started to build the most powerful military ship of all time the Aircraft carrier. Our Navy would be nothing with out it. But Other countires went through similar struggles of Racism and Witch Trials.

What i find the most hilarious is that the French Let there best Military Leader johne of Arch die in British hands because she was believed to be a witch and she was a virgin so it was impossible

Someone also said that we drove out someone because we thought he was a communist. we did similar thing like during WWII we moved all the japanese to Wyomming. In camps that acted as prisons. We do this stuff because we are scared. We still have the best military and Europe is always begging us to fight there wars. Oh ya and we only lost one war and thats not too bad

Oh ya Mokishen i said Nearly 200 years meaning almost not exactly 200 years. And another thiung we were in desert stor and the golf war thats less than 20 years

[This message has been edited by Icecold39 (edited May 02, 2002).]

9. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31

Icecold39: no offense menat, but learn some history please!

Quote: What i find the most hilarious is that the French Let there best Military Leader johne of Arch die in British hands because she was believed to be a witch and she was a virgin so it was impossible"

It was a little more complicated thing, you know... For example Jeanne wasn't really a military leader. :) And this is only one example that shows that your historical competence isn't enough...

10. Z-Layrex Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Why the hell did you have to post another topic like this!? You're just as bad as any Islamic extremist when you start topics like this. It seems that you just WANT people to start bad-mouthing the USA. Damn, why can't you just leave it be, instead of kicking up even MORE sand!

11. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31

wot planet is this kid on? Don't want to be accused of newbie bashing, but sheesh... :rolleyes:

[This message has been edited by Christopher_Lee (edited May 02, 2002).]

12. Xenecor Gems: 10/31

Alright now. Let's give the kid a break. Atleast, at the suggestion of Viking, he broke up this particular thread into poorly structured paragraphs. That's got to count for something. :rolleyes:

And Mollusken, I can guarantee that he didn't learn any of that in school.

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited May 02, 2002).]

13. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm still rooting for closing America's border's, terraforming Mars, and relocating. All we need to do is find that Martian air manufacturing plant they left up there millions of years ago...Where did I leave Arnold's phone number...

We'll show the world once we get a planet of our very OWN!!! Muhaaahwhwwwhwwaaaa haaahaahhaaahaaahaa!!!

14. Icecold39 Banned

I didnt think i would have to explain Jeane of Arch i thought you would know what i was talking about. She was just a peasant girl but she heard voices(GoD). She went to the soon to be French king and asked to lead his army into victory. No one really knows why the king trusted her and allowed a woman lead his army.

I know my damn History you take my words to literly. What im saying is the French King could have done more to save her.

15. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31

Joan of Arc - she was burnt in Roeun (sp?) in France outside the church there. I don't think the British burnt her did they?

[This message has been edited by Christopher_Lee (edited May 02, 2002).]

16. Icecold39 Banned

I think the british did burn her because she was captured by them. They had to prove she was a witch but they had a very hard time doing so because she answered there trick question right

17. Laches Gems: 19/31

Well, I've tried hard to stay out of these topics in the past. They tend to be one sided and to become openly hostile. Honestly, as an American I'm a bit embarassed by what IceCold39 has written. It certainly isn't something that he picked up in the educational system.

It does get a bit frustrating from time to time to read these types of posts of course, but then here is an American asking for it. What I suppose is bothersome to American's is the sense that there are some with a holier-than-thou attitude.

Putting aside the specifics regarding America, let's just admit that the United States is responsible for multiple attrocities. The thing is, it seems that these keep being brought up over and over while similar attrocities are being committed by the people denigrating the U.S. For example, we don't hear outcries agains the French backed coup in Algeria to defeat the democratic election of the Islamist FIS group. The group was democratically elected but the French didn't like the result so they have master minded a coup attempt which has led to the slaughter of civilians, just a short time ago 300 Algerian villagers were murdered but there has been no denounciation of this but a lot of focus on the U.S. involvement in Afghanistan to overthrow a non-democratically elected regime. There was no intentional rounding up of civilians and subsequent murder of 300 men, women, and children in Afghanistan like occured in Algeria recently with French backing. Yet the Europeans on the board attack the U.S. and keep quiet about the actions of their brothers. Last year there was confirmation of at least 2,105 intentional killings of non-combatants in Algeria, due to the coup instigated by the French.

You continue to hear about the United States' shameful involvement with slavery (of course other nations remained involved with slavery as well until they were no longer agriculturally driven) and similar attrocities. The U.S. is justifiably brought to task over this. When it happens again and again though it grows to sound self-righteous. One of the worst massacres to occur in the 20th century was the massacre of up to 1 million (yes, you read that right) communist sympathisers in Indonesia and the British government had a direct hand in not only covering this up but helping to bring this about when its intelligence would help supply assassination lists to Suharto. When the U.S. is consistently attacked for being murderous by the Eurpoeans and espescially Brits (who are typically staunch American allies and right there supporting us in the Middle East)while at the same time no mention of their own murderous ways is made it can become grating.

There are Canadians on the board as well that join in. Not only is Canada commonly involved in the same things the U.S. is, but their history isn't spotless either. The Canadians have joined the French in aiding the coup in Algeria having exported more than 8 million dollars worth of arms in support of the coup. More than 3.5 million dollars worth of arms to the Phillipines in the 90's, 35 million dollars in support of the ethnic wars in Turkey against the minority Kurds. I haven't heard this mentioned by our Canadian brothers though they seem quick to attack the U.S. on these boards.

I could go on and list attrocities nation by nation if necessary. The fact is that nations are made up of people and people do truly awful things someimes. They should not be ignored. They should be spoken out against. Yet to speak out against one nation over and over while ignoring the exact same type of thing going on in your very home can, justifiably I believe, cause Americans to feel that they are being attacked in a hypocritical manner.

This was a bad thread for me to post this really because it was started by what I consider poor remarks many of which I can't agree with. The feeling that caused those foolish meanderings though aren't totally unjustifiable; the result of what has the appearance to be a constant focus on U.S. failures combined the the intentional blindness to the attrocities lying at their own doorsteps.

18. Christopher_Lee Gems: 10/31

Ahh yes, I have just read about it... interesting - tried in Rouen with a judge who was a supporter of the English. What are these trick questions?

19. Viking Gems: 19/31

Please use either Joan of Arc or Jeanne D'Arc depending on English or French version. It's only polite to get a saint's name right.

Your (mis-)spelling of her name doesn't inspire much confidence in your knowledge of other points about her. To describe her as France's greatest military leader or some such drivel, considering that she was at arms for approximately 15 months, is doing grave injustice to military leaders like Charles de Gaule amongst others.

So far you've shown very little of that knowledge, I have to say. To me it seems you know snippets of history and proceed to take this out of context to degrade everyone and everything not American or British (it's Britain not Briton by the way).

Not only is this tirade of abuse, particularly at the 'smelly' French, not constructive or informative, it actually re-inforces some of the views people express about America / Americans. In other words, you really ain't helping.

To all the other Americans on the board, please accept my appologies, as this is not in any way an attack on America / Americans in general. I have no basis for making any sort of generalisations regarding the country or race since I don't know you all.

I have to say though, that by the looks of things your schooling needs some improvement. ;)

20. Icecold39 Banned

With every witch trial they ask questions that can not be answered right. They asked her questions like "are you in gods glory" or something like that. She answered something like this" if im not may he bless me so i will be". If she would have answered no they would have said she was a witch. If she would have said yes they would say you cannot know what being in god glory is like. That is not the exact same question but it is close. They asked her a whole bunch of question similar.

They finally proved that she is witch by asking her if she dressed like a man, which she did.

THey also were beating her and raping her so she did finally confess so she wouldnt be in pain.

. JOan crowned the king so if she was a witch the king would have an evil throne or something. So the king held another trial on Fench soil to determine if she was a witch or not after she died. They found her as a saint. But the church that burned her never talked about her or relised they made a mistake untill around 1914

Viking what is this School?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.