1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Amelyssan - Help! (spoilers)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by AvaLance204, Aug 24, 2001.

1. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Yes, it's me again, with my solo sorcerer, requiring help with Amelyssan. I tried using my Chain Contingency strategy, but I soon ran out of spells. It works nicely, though. When I use Wish, I rarely get the option to restore spells - any help on getting spells back or alternate strategies?

Many thanks.

2. AngelusDomini Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Try sleeping. Always works for me :)

ad

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Well see that's just it...AFAIK you can't sleep between the final battles. Time to get creative.
    If anyone does know of a way to rest in between the battles do tell...

[This message has been edited by Big B (edited August 24, 2001).]

4. Xenecor Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I got lucky with the fight with Amellysan. When I cast Wish, one of my options was to make it like my entire party just had a full night's rest. I think the spell has pretty random options but I got lucky. That's the only way I know.

[This message has been edited by Xenecor (edited August 24, 2001).]

5. Angel of Def Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I don't rely on wish, too onpredictable etc.
    Try setting traps (not too much at the same time cuz SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you get to fight her 4 times!).
    You'll get a little "break" after defeating her once. Don't rush to the elemental prince of wind (west). That's the only break you can afford, to set traps, to heal (ring of regeneration so that it wont cost you spells, even if it takes a long time) and to summon creatures (mostly to distract the creatures she summons. Luckily I was pretty stong so I didn't even use much spells, well......I had to rely on project image. Then simuraculum. Lower magic resistance. ANd let the magic assault begins!!!!

But you're a solo sorceror, so just read the last bit of this reply.

Good luck!

6. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Good news! I destroyed the second stage after refreshing my spell list, but the third is giving me some trouble, even if I summon two Planetars. And I don't have traps, though there are certain alternatives for that (*coughskulltrapcough*). I don't want to be TOTALLY cheap, however, and would like to refrain from that kind of playing if at all possible.

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] How did you refresh your spell list? Wish? Or some other way?

8. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Yeah, the Wish spell finally gave it to me, without having to reload! Yay! Currently on the fourth "stage", but I'm having trouble. The Fallen Solar wasn't so hard in comparison, and Amelyssan keeps summoning those nasty Slayer Shadows and Glabrezus and Death Tyrants etc....

Anyway, I'll probably beat her before the night is over. Anyone else looking for help on Melissan (aka Amelyssan) feel free to post, and I'll do my best to help.

9. Creslyn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] One strategy you could use to defeat Melissan for the last time is this-
    Summon 1 or 2 mordenkaaniens swords to distract her creatures, and run around avoiding them until they focus on your swords (yes yes i know its undignified, but hey it keeps you alive). When she teleports to the top of the screen summon a few planetars to attack her and start to hit her with your spells (lower resists first). Every now and then summon more swords to keep her creatures occupied and just keep on hammering away at her. Eventually she will die :)
    The biggest drawback to this strategy is being able to summon the swords in the first place before the creatures get to you. If you can get them, then the rest shouldnt be too hard.

10. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Well, I beat her, and that strategy won't work very well as she has the Death Spell. Also, you cannot have more than one Celestial summoned creature at once. This applies even more so if you're soloing, unless you cast my good old friend Project Image. Anyway, after extensive resistance-lowering and Abi-Dalziming and Skull Trapping, I got rid of her. The double-length Timestop and specialized version of Improved Alacrity followed up by the real Improved Alacrity allowed me to fire off Abi-Dalzims like a machinegun, along with Skull Traps and Fingers of Death and Chain Lightnings. Actually pretty cheap, but hey: it's in the rules.

11. Creslyn Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Yes I am well aware she has the death spell, but that doesnt affect the swords you have taking care of her monsters as they are out of her range. About the planetars, I should have phrased that better. When the first one dies you quickly summon another sword or something else, and while she is casting the death spell on that it gives you time to summon the next planetar :) Other than that it seemed to work fine for me.

12. AvaLance204 Gems: 6/31

Anyway, she's dead, and that is that. :) Speaking of Project Image and duplication of Planetars, has anyone managed to get a Projected Image to cast a Project Image spell successfully? I have once; and the second projected image had the equipment on, but it was unusable; my Staff of the Magi was totally useless, and his avatar didn't show the equip. At any rate, it's fun having three Fallen Planetars.

13. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Ive done the end a few times now, and the first time i went in with all the spells i would use for the day to day fights, finally i decided to give every spell caster a purpose, one attack spells one defencive spells, Cleric for TOTAL healing... And solo of course this would be hard because you would go through the summon spells so fast, you would need to have the wish spell and get luckey... But still if you give each attacker and spell caster a specific purpose for the final fight it works out nice.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.