1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ambassador found on the streets in bondage gear

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Ragusa, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hilarious, just see yourself.

It's not only the embarassment for his country. In machismo-land the man will be seen as a girly wuss. On a personal level the man is finished over there.

[ March 12, 2007, 20:18: Message edited by: Ragusa ]

2. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    And yet if he came out of the closet and decided he wanted to marry his lover "Steve" the left would love him and treat him as a hero. Instead since he is an Israeli (and therefore a war-monger and baby killer) he is subject to ridicule for his personal lifestyle.

3. Ragusa

Media:
    You do want to read it that way, do you?

It would be equally ambarassing for an ambassador of every other nation.

4. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Except probably Holland.

5. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I agree, it would be equally embarassing for any other ambassador (with the possible exception of Holland), but what would be the odds that anyone would have started a thread on it if it involved Norway?

I think this thread automatically gets created if it involves the U.S. or Israel, maybe if it was the U.K., highly doubtful for almost any other nation.

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Hey, I'll have you know that there is a larger pervert concentration in Belgium and Germany than there is in Holland. ;)

7. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Thats really lame. The problem is that most people here don't want to read about other nations. I have created a few topics on Ireland that have 2 or 3 replies max.

8. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

actually if you look up the thread about a 61 year old mother, you will see that the story takes place in little old Denmark and yet had a fair few replies.

on a side note, I found this story quite funny and never cared what country it was from. just got the image of a guy in full latex suit proudly claiming to be an Ambassador...

9. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Akward? Akward. :D

10. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Why do some people have to make everything a the world vs America issue? Do you have an inferiority complex or something?(and yes I said that just to spite you)

It'd be funny regardless of what country it was, especially sexually repressed countries

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I agree with Shadow Assassin. I don't resort to 'victim mentality' every time a stereotypical Irish joke makes an appearance in the Jokes thread (I have posted quite a few myself). I just wish that people realized that Sean and Seamus are spelled without an 'h'...

12. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Hehe, thanks for that Ragussa :D

I knew that, because my cousins boyfriend is Irish and named Sean :p . On a funny site-note, her ex-husband is Scottish :hahaerr: .

13. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'll have to remember to tell my cousin Shawn he spells his name wrong :D

I don't think I know anyone named Seamus. I'm guessing it is pronounced Shay-mus.

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Nuffin like a little S&M to bring into politics. Alot of countries would need that. Crying shame ain't it. Yessirree or sumfin...

15. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Heh, it is hilarious. I don't think it's only because of his country, although it does have a little impact. Imagine if the man was a Saudi, for example... ouch. Now that would get people smirking. At least this man has a decent chance of not getting imprisoned, flogged and/or killed when he gets home.

Still, can you imagine what it must have been for the cops that you found him? He's drunk, in S&M gear, middle age, you find him in a ditch and yet he says, in a calm voice "I'm the ambassador of Israel." :eek:

16. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    :lol:

I suppose the cops would have asked if he happened to have his diplomatic passport with him. :grin:

Of course it would be less funny when he'd spent the night in the slammer for public intoxication, indecent exposure etc. and some lackey from the Embassy turns up with his passport and demands the release of the ambassador. :o

17. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Being tied uup and beaten hardly makes you a wuss. Quite the opposite, one would imagine :D

18. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I'm sure many politicians are into BDSM, but generally they don't wander the streets in bondage gear :shake:

At least he knows how to have fun.

19. The Shaman Gems: 28/31

Cuchulain: maybe we just don't know. I'd think that having a good secretary, bodyguard, or just a driver is extremely important in such cases so that you don't get left in the middle of the road in bondage gear. It's surprising the embassy didn't have someone for "damage control," as it were - to pick up the boss and get him back before all hell breaks loose.

20. Ragusa

Media:
    Shaman, the key word, I presume, is 'discretion'.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.