1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Amateur light-saber action

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Yulaw9460, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, I´ll admit it, I´ve always been a fan of Star Wars, simply because of the light-saber battles. Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader was allright, I guess, but the art of light-saber fighting reached new hights with The Phantom Menace. Darth Maul and Obi-Wan Kenobi´s final battle was probably the most awesome of them all IMO. It had a lot of flair.
    And as always, high-school kids etc. with waaaay too much time on their hands had to make their own videos. That´s right, find some clips of geeks, fans and Obi-Wanna-be Kenobi´s sabering eachother up and post them here.
    Hell, I´ll even start off with one I saw. Kinda impressive, really.

http://www.dump.com/vivpe/

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    So some CG dorks had a fight with light sabers fully equiped with a green stick. Big deal.

In my Tech2000 class back in high school, a guy did the same thing, except he filmed it at home, and was up against garden gnomes from hell. You star wars fans never cease to bore me with your reinactments. :sleep: :rolling:

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I hope George is getting money for them using his sound FX. Couldn't this have gone in the Funny/Weird Video/Picture sticky?

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    To be fair, if anyone round here did that they'd probably be beaten up.

5. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Nice.... but it can't beat the coolness of the star wars kid :shake:

Star Wars rules btw.

6. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

In all fairness, it was very nicely made - with fancy moves and all that is needed for a proper fan lightsaber movie. But, the sound effects didn't match the movements and were sometimes improperly put in. While some of the moves were a bit cheesy, they seemed well done and they acted out the saber hits very well.

But after a few minutes, it became just a bit too much. They tried to do too much.

Still awesome though. :)

7. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Nothing will ever beat the Star Wars kid. NOTHING! :grin: :banana:

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm with the Star War Kid too. He's the guy who started it all. Hopefully he got something out of it besides himself seen by almost everyone on the internet.

9. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.