1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Alright, I'm starting

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Orkrist the Cleaver, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] OK, I'm startin PS:T tonight, or this morning (1 AM). I played Freespace the great war and I messd with Descent 3 but those games just don't deliver much and I get frustrated to easily from flying through mazes, etc. I do like the graphics and movies though. Anyway, I played the rest, now I'll mess with the "best". We'll see....

2. Beto Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

You won't regret it. Just started my second trip through :D

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Orkrist, what took you so long! ;) :D

4. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] I just kept putting it off and putting it off and playing every other BI game in the FR. I'm in the city of Sigil now, outside of the mauseleum and I guess I'll look around and seek out some action and go find that guy I'm looking for. I've levelled up once, just now. I'd say this game reminds me most of Fallout in terms of music and general feel, buty its creepier and actually a bit unsettling at times. I'm sure it gets worse.
    I love the graphics and world design, very elaborate and ornate. The NPCs have a weird look to them, like they really are messed up a bit, and I was surprised by some of the adult content in dialogues. Maybe Mort will get lucky with a Harot soon. That female with the tail, I thought she was joinable but when I talk to her, no matter what I say she wants me to go away. Is my CHA too low?

5. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

After some advancament in the game you can have her. There aren't any problems with your charisma in this case.

6. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    the planescape world is alot more mature then the forgotten relms world, it can be very unsettling at times

7. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Alright, I finally just got the game too, and am barely starting out. My first big question, do you not start out as a basic dnd class, or do you just evolve into one? When I set up the character, that was never an option. So far, I'm enjoying the graphics, and the funky feel. Should be an interesting change of pace from BG and IWD.

8. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    u start as a fighter, but in game u can find people who train u in weapon proficiencies or change ur class all together

9. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Great, there are other types of characters I much prefer! Gradually working my way out. This game looks quite a bit different than the others. Always knew planescape was kinda trippy!

10. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] The Githyanki dude just joined my party. Thank god, I was getting beat up a bit by the Hive thugs and so on.

I'm in the catacombs now. There doesn't seem to be much to the game when I look at the map, but the other 2 CDs tell me there is a lot to come...

[This message has been edited by Orkrist the Cleaver (edited August 10, 2001).]

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] LOL!
    That's not githyanki Orkrist - that's gitzherai!
    Those two races are in war. Later in the game you'll meet some githyanki... ;)

And also beware - the game is not huge as BG2... But that isn't problem. Each location of PT has it's own soul...
    And you see, at each location you'll get more quests then in BG2 areas. ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.