1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

all Evil party choices

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    One thing that I have never done is put together an "ultimate evil" party. Some of the choices are obvious. I'd take Korgan, Edwin, and Viconia, and eventually add Sarevok in ToB. Now the question becomes what two other NPC's do I add in SoA, and which one do I throw out when acquiring Sarevok.

Since there are no other evil NPC's, I have to look at neutral ones. Jan seems an obvious canidate, and his thieving skills will be useful too. The second could be either Haer Dalis (he is half demon after all) or perhaps even Anomen and make him fail his test.

So my question is simple. For those of you who have made evil parties, what combination do you think is the most evil? I would prefer to not make six evil characters so I'm asking which NPC's would you take along?

2. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You never played an ultimate evil party? You don't know what you're missing :D .

I usually travel around with only Korgan, Edwin, and Viconia. I normally play a thief so you got every type of character in your party. This setup is enough to finish SoA.

But if you really want six people just use Jan and Haer Dalis. Anomen is much too annoying to use in an all evil party. You can also use Yoshimo and fill his spot with Solafein later in the game. But if you only want to use the original npc's, I would choose Jan and Haer Dalis.

3. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Valen is a good addition to the evil party, although she becomes sort of over-powered. Leave the slot open for Sarevok and go with you, Korgan, Viccy, Valen and Edwin.

4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    What about Solaufein? If you're evil, he becomes Chaotic Neutral.

5. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31

Yeah, I'd rather use Solafein instead of Valen.
    You get him later on in the game, but untill that time you can fill his spot with Yoshimo, as I said.

6. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

maybe you should create yourself two chars, pickup korgan + edwin + viconia and haer'dalis. haer'dalis is a fighter at all, improving himself with boostspells and skills. you can substitute him therefore with sarevok.

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Solafein is a wuzz, Valen is an Übercharacter, creating your own characters is no fun and Jan is a must. My party usually consists of:

Chaotic Neutral Half-Elven Wizard-Slayer
    Viconia
    Jan
    Sarevok
    And sometimes Edwin and Haer' Dalis

8. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

My evil-neutral party righ now consists my main character, a neutral evil (ha was chaotic neutral before the tests in the Hell) halfelf fighter-thief, Korgan, Sarevok, Viconia, Edwin and Jaheira. Jaheira isn't the best choice for an evil party, but I make romance with her. :D

9. Trydan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I've currently got Protagonist, Korgan, Viconia, Edwin, Haer D'alis and Xan. (Xan, from the mod, rather than saving and exporting him from the tutorial, to give him a realistic Inteligence).

10. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

F/M multiclass protagonist (shortsword + longsword)
    F/T multiclass hotchick (katana + scimitar)
    Korgan (axe + hammer)+(dex item)
    Edwin
    Viconia (flail+ shield)+(str item)
    Sarevok (halberd

Add Imoen if you like also.

11. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

You, Korgan, Viconia, Edwin, HaerDalis, Valen (fighter/thief Vampire - very cool). If you're a fighetr then swap Sarevok with Korgan. If you're some sort of thief then swap Sarevok with Valen.

12. Arian Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Honestly, I think Valen could whoop Sarevok's arse. She's too overpowered for my tastes, she could solo the game without leveling up I swear. You don't even have to do anything, just walk up and her script kicks in and everyone dies, no questions. Valen=Uber=no fun. I was disappointed though, a vampire would be fun but not God pretending to be a vampire.

13. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31

You're absolutely right about that. It's just not fun playing with her in your party. I admit that Solafein is a wuss but he's at least he's balanced. That's why I use Solafein instead of Valen.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.