1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Alignments

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Deano99, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Why the hell do lots of people view alignments completely wrongly around here?

it seems to me that a lot of people play evil chars. Now i have absolutely NOTHING against someone playing an evil char but this does not straight away mean that the character will go around killing people. For instance, just because someone is Chaotic Evil DOES not mean that the guy is immeadiately going to kill the first innocent guy he sees. GEEEZE! A Chaotic Evil person, yes, hates society and order and ideals... but it does not mean he will kill everyone... more like he will spout evil words and them, possibly threaten... but not always kill. A Chaotic Person may kill on sight someone they did not like, but usually only after talking to them... or recognising them as someone they disliked.

Another thing... is people who think that any evil... whether Chaotic, Neutral, or Lawful... are the SAME. They are not. Just because someone is evil does not make all evil people hang around together. Evil people are actually more to dislike another evil person with the same aspirations. For example, if One evil person wants to rule the world... and so does another... the first is likely to bump the other one off just because of what he wants. :d think about it.

And another thing... Paladins and Evil people don't mix either. A Paladin *could* tolerate an evil person for about a second if they act repentenly... but this is NOT so with people like Viconia. She first acts like this... but when u get her in the party you find out otherwise. A Paladin would immeadiately try to stop this... either by throwing her out or possibly by destroying their Unholy body. And a paladin CERTAINLY would NOT kill any innocnet to keep a person in their party happy.

I just think people should think more about the alignments they play... and the reactions a PnP character would have to act towards these. As a DM myself... i strongly would disagree with some party combinations and understandings... but hell...

2. the GRINCH Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] your probably right, but when creating a character, i dont think anyone could give a damn about the alignments. They just want to get into the game and kick some kobold arse.
    most people choose evil because it sounds "cool". I bet there are very few lawful good characters unless they're NPCs. I myself however, am merely true neutral because when I started the game, i couldn't decide so i just went straight for the middle.

3. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

the Alignments mean absolutly nothing, since you can pick the same things either way, now if they had limited the conversations for character class... that would make a differnce, but also it has to do with the "Role Playing" you can get more into playing the game if you take up the state of mind for your Alignment.
    But in the end it doesnt matter either way, for you to sit here and slam people who like to role play is just sad...

4. Deano99 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

i didn't "slam" anyone!

i am making a point that people generally DON'T ROLEPLAY!!

GODDAMMIT... i LUV to roleplay... that is what Bg2 is about for crying out loud!

why does everyone get the wrong end of the stick whenever i post?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.