1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA Stats

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Erran, Sep 12, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] In case anyone's interested, the ALFA distribution of players looks like this:

Available Classes: 646
    Fighters: 16.87% (109)
    Paladins: 8.35% (54)
    Rangers: 13.31% (86)
    Barbarians: 4.79% (31)
    Sorcerers: 3.56% (23)
    Wizards: 13.77% (50)
    Clerics: 7.73% (50)
    Druids: 2.47% (16)
    Monks: 4.95% (32)
    Rogues: 10.37% (67)
    Bards: 4.95% (32)
    Multiclass: 8.82% (57)

Available Races: 765
    Humans: 45.62% (349)
    Half Elves: 17.18% (111)
    Half Drow: 1.96% (15)
    Elves: 18.30% (140)
    Drow: 3.79% (29)
    Dwarves: 7.58% (58)
    Duergar: 0.01% (1)
    Gnomes: 1.30% (10)
    Svirfneblin: 1.17% (9)
    Halflings: 2.61% (20)
    Half Orc: 3.39% (23)

Available alignments: 187
    Lawful Good: 13.36% (25)
    Neutral Good: 14.97% (38)
    Chaotic Good: 21.39% (40)
    Lawful Neutral: 13.36% (25)
    True Neutral: 9.62% (18)
    Chaotic Neutral: 12.83% (24)
    Lawful Evil: 4.27% (8)
    Neutral Evil: 3.74% (7)
    Chaotic Evil: 1.06% (2)

Only a fraction have disclosed their alignment. Plenty of evils in the rest? ;)

2. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Personally I am amazed by the lack of true neutral alignments. After reading what all the third edition material said about that alignment, it seemed to suit most people IMO. I think alot of the stuff I read about alignments in 2nd edition products was far too limiting and steered people in the wrong direction. Maybe everyone is still hung up on the idea of true neutral as being some kind of balance freak, I don't know. Regardless, I would think third edition Diehards who undoubtedly make up the majority of ALFA would think differntly on the alignment. I'm suprised.

Everyone will play humans. And why not? They have the best starting package without doubt. Now some other races have their advantages, but for me, it'll always be human(bloody elves! ;))

The classes don't supprise me much except the sheer number of Rangers. I found them much weaker in 3rd edition myself. Maybe their will take other classes at other levels, like a few rouge levels or something. And while we're on the topic of multiclass, I always found that confusing on ALFA's application and a reason I think so few people picked that. Since you start as only one class in third edition, I was supprised they put that, as it seems more bait for "powergamers" than anything else. I myself was unclear whether I should put fighter or multiclass when I applied. I figured if I put multiclass for a first level character, well surely they will think I know nothing of 3rd edition rules and trash my app, or worse yet consider me a dreaded "powergamer" and toss my app. By then I wondered...well what if they think I'm a liar later because I want to take mage levels after I said I would be a fighter. Anyway, multiclassing in 3rd edition seems natuaral for most every class, and I'm suprised less seem interested in it for their characters, especially since this is still a CRPG here.

[This message has been edited by Crawl (edited September 13, 2001).]

3. Binky Farnsworth Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Only 20 Halflings? You mean I'll have to rely on biggers to watch my back? Oh well.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.