1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA page?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by joacqin, Dec 21, 2001.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What is the adress? www.alandfaraway.net does not work. Is it down? And may I ask who in sorcerers are in ALFA? I am thinking of sending in a application as it seems like THE place to be when you play NWN. But is not a 1000 players a tad little? Do they have any plans of expanding?

2. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Alfa site is down cos they are changing servers. I'm an HDM and sorcerer's has its own 'guild' - AORTA.
    Alfa is by far the biggest persistent world under construction, presently about 800 players and 40 DMs - a ratio of 20:1 - nice.
    They aim for 1000 players and 50DMs at launch - more DMs = more players. The emphasis is on Roleplaying not powergaming. This sometimes gets them called 'elitist' by people who did not get accepted as players.
    Too many players/DM server and it will degenerate into an EQ/UO type mess. As a DM, how many players do you think you could handle?

3. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I dont think I could handle any players at all :)
    What I meant was both more DM´s and more players. I thought the number derived from the size of the servers but what i understand from your post so is the number of DM´s the most importatant factor.

I dont want to join AORTA I like to play evil players, not Korgan chaotic evil type characters. More like Jarlaxle or Artemis Entreris type characters, selfish characters that only do things if there is gain for them selves in it. Not going around killing everything around them just because they can. And if that make me evil then its evil I am.

I am thinking of playing somekind of fighter/thief combo as the 3ed rules are very flexible I am not sure how he will evolve. But I am working on him and his story and I hope I will get accepted when they start to take in applications again. I saw that they had cleansed the system from inactives and a couple of days ago they had 300 empty places so I hope I can join as I think ALFA seems like a real good world.

4. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Lots of evil guilds too - society of darkness, cult of myrkul, the bretheren ...

5. joacqin

Media:
    Are they going to keep the same url on the new servers? And when do you think they are going to be up? After the holidays?

I did a 3ed character with the character creator tool from WotC with 28 point buy. Human fighter/thief. Do you have any idea if NWN has all the feats and skills that program has?

6. Erran Gems: 19/31

Probably, they own the domain name.

The Feats that will be in NWN will be available, Bioware haven't disclosed these yet. Swimming and riding are OUT, expect combat related stuff to be IN.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.