1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA guild : The N'Vaelahr

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by J'Kin Gristillodar, Apr 10, 2001.

1. J'Kin Gristillodar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Young brothers and Sisters, do you recall the tales of Myth Drannor?

The days are long past when our people dwelt in safety in Faerun. We have been pushed further and further from our homelands by the encroachment of the N'Tel'Quess. Our homelands in the Elven Court are being raped by the human dogs who our mislead ancestors made treaties with. At one time in our naivete, we reached out to the smelly ones...offering our ancient hand in a gesture of friendship and respect. We gave them access to our beautiful city of Myth Drannor, we gave them access to our culture, our art, our lives. How were we to know that shortly after, we would be overrun by the armies of darkness, our city lost...our cultural center destroyed??

Our ancestors decided foolishly that instead of contending with the N'Tel'Quess over our homelands, we would leave to the Isle of Evermeet or the city of Evereska. This pacifist reaction will forever be the single greatest mistake in Elven history! We left our homelands, our art, our architecture, our history and our DEAD in the hands of those with no respect for us. Now our tombs are robbed and defiled... our secrets stolen and sold. We are vagrants and wanderers...an oddity in a world we once controlled! Our position has been usurped by the humans. And what is their redeeming quality? None, save they breed like rabbits and infest like termites!

Can we afford to cower any longer? How much further can we be pushed towards oblivion before we react with swift and sure violence towards our enemies? We will not be pushed one inch more! NOW is the time for the restoration of the Elven Nation! NOW is the time for the reclaiming of our culture! NOW is the time to see our enemies driven before us like the dogs they are!

NOW ARE THE DAYS OF THE ELVES REVENGE!!
    NOW WE TAKE BACK WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS!!

The N'Vaelahr is an ALFA guild centered around the restoration of the Elven presence in Faerun. We welcome all classes and all alignments. All sub-races of elves are invited to join us. Our only qualification is you must be an Elf or Half Elf with a strong desire to see the elves restored, and that you have an open mind and great RP ability!

2. Slappy Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

By Moradin's hammer! some blasted trouble making elf is besiegin the boards!

Ironbeard were are ye?

3. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Mixing Drow with other elves is just begging for trouble I tells ya.

4. J'Kin Gristillodar Gems: 1/31

How cute.
    A retarded dwarf and a whatever is the only response I get.
    Figures.
    I was hoping for more than that here.
    Like some elves with back bone who wanted to restore what was theirs by right of birth.

And what do I find? A stereotypical loud-mouthed bearded halfling.
    And some simpleton spouting 'Drow bad'.

How very sad.
    I will allow you to continue with your AORTA love in, and try to find some real elves somewhere.

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's it! Shame them into growing a backbone! And that arrogance is SO attractive; I'm sure you'll have the recruits lining up now!

6. J'Kin Gristillodar Gems: 1/31

Its not my fault if they have none of their own. And it takes a special kind of elf to gain membership in the N'Vaelahr.
    Our requirements are far more than just having a pulse.
    You must be as passionate about the restoration of the elven nation as your fellow quessirs in the guild are.
    If we just accepted everyone, what kind of shape would we be in?
    Oh yeah, we would be like AORTA...

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    LOL! Good point! :)

8. Cullain Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Your plans to re-take Myth Drannor show you have courage. Petty speeches such as these, though, make me wonder if you'll have the wisdom necessary to accomplish the task, let alone to rule if you do reach your goal.
    It's a shame your long life doesn't stop you from braying like a child

Cullain of Moray

[This message has been edited by Cullain (edited April 12, 2001).]

9. J'Kin Gristillodar Gems: 1/31

Luckily, the guild is not just me. We have different alignments seperated into Ahk'Velahrns.
    1st Shadow: good/N
    2nd Shadow: Neutral/g/E
    3rd Shadow: Evil/N

This allows us to accept any disposition and use them accordingly.
    My Shadow leaders are a smart bunch, and they are diverse as well.

So, my lack of wisdom is not really an issue. Me not putting up with stupid comments from stupid people is not a mark of a lack of wisdom, but rather me deciding it is not worth my time.
    And as far as braying like a child goes, well, you are free to travel to Cormanthor as see just how child-like I am.
    The time of the stereotypical one dimensional elf is long past.
    We are the future.
    Get on board, or be run over, cur.

10. Cullain Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

IC:
    I'm glad that your shadow leaders are intelligent. I wish you the best in your career as a lackey to them.

Some advice for the future, though: I'd recommend you think about who you challenge. It could be the last mistake you ever make.

OOC:
    Power-hungry elves are too fun. I think if I'd heard of the N'Vaelahr before I submitted my char, it'd have been a lot different

Cullain of Moray

[This message has been edited by Cullain (edited April 12, 2001).]

11. J'Kin Gristillodar Gems: 1/31

HA! Your ignorance is simply stunning.
    I am lackey to no one, and well my guild knows it. As do you.
    And I thought about it long and hard before I threatened you, well, a few seconds anyway.
    The only way to bring a bad dog to behave itself is to beat it.
    You are on dangerous ground, cur.
    Dont presume to make an enemy of us and survive.

(OOC)
    Thanks! We are just trying to have fun. Thats what this is all about.

12. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Don't you elves know that we Halfings will inherit Faerun after you and the humans destroy yourselves? ;)

13. J'Kin Gristillodar Gems: 1/31

Uh-huh.

Well, to be honest I had never really considered that.

Maybe thats because its s-t-u-p-i-d....

14. Silthryn Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] IC
    J'Kin is indeed no lackey to us. While J'Kin does take our council, we understand that it is his decisiveness that makes us who we are and gives us the chance at reestablishing the Elven Empire. If we were to debate our options as we used to, it would inevitably lead to another retreat; since nothing would be done until the moment of opportunity had passed us by in the ever-changing world we live in.

It is time for the Elven People to adapt to this world. We seek not to lose the wisdom in our decisions, but we can no longer take as much time as we used to. I have seen the effects of this in decades past. And even now, our People are no longer safe on the Island of Evermeet. Either we change, or we will soon fade away and be forgotten.

We don't want more enemies, we just wish to hold our lands and rebuild our homes. We are tired of running. This time, we're going to stay, no matter what.

Edit:
    (Somewhat IC and somewhat OOC) :)
    Oh, I forgot to add... I don't always care for his impetuous replies, as he is very quick to anger. But, you gotta live and work with what you get. :p
    hehehe

[This message has been edited by Silthryn (edited April 13, 2001).]

15. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    An admirable goal; yet alienating all who don't happen to share your enthusiasm can only hinder your cause. If the other races (who yet outnumber you) get the impression that all Elves share J'Kin's prejudices... Well let's just say nothing good could come of it...

16. Koyo Gems: 1/31

OOC: Hmm..guess I should jump in here somewhere since I'm one of the "intelligent" shadows :)

IC: Baelvanyth makes a rude gesture in the general direction of all non-elves..especially the little bearded ones. Then, realizing his maistake....he makes the rude gesture to the elves in AORTA also

heheeh, :p

17. Silthryn Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] OOC:
    Um, Koyo, when he said "intelligent" Shadows I'm sure he didn't have you in mind.
    :p hehehe

IC:
    Not all of the N'Vaelahr are looking to alienate the N'Tel'Quess, I speak for more than just myself in my hopes of bringing about a more peaceful solution between the other "goodly" races. We are made up of many different ideologies, and hope that everyone can see that, while J'Kin's threats should be heeded, some of us are working at preventing this from blowing up into an all out war.

I wish everyone could realize that if they just left our homes and our People alone, there wouldn't be any trouble.

But that is not the case, and as such we are forced to protect our lands and ourselves.

*Turning to Baelvanyth (Koyo)*
    What are you doing? Do you Want more enemies... *shakes head in disbelief*...
    *mutters*, "fool"

18. Koyo Gems: 1/31

OOC: ttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhpppppppppptttttttttt :p

IC: tttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhpppppppttttttttt :p

19. Silthryn Gems: 1/31

OOC: Hahah :D

IC: *shakes his head and turns away from Bael completely frustrated with his childish behavior*

20. Bruce the Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Hi i'm on my mates computer!, and i have to say what fun your argument is!!!.
    i must say though i dont care about the lanky freaky shadow elves or any other kind as i am kind of bearded and stunted!, guess what i am!
    Although Drow r not going anywhere soon! and will allways have a claw showing the shadow elves who is boss!!!.
    -kane

oh and my Dwarf Snorri Snorrison, when he gets online will start cleaving all Lankies linmb from Linmb with his axe the Elf Eater!!
    hahahahahahahahaha... For Moradin

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.