1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA Down

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Rotku, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

[​IMG] Due to some happenings with the vault, the update to HotU and the transfering of the vault to the new computer is going to be underway from today (8th) until the 14th.

During this time ALFA will be down, although some servers are staying up on local servers. This means that players can still play ALFA but the xp and items collected over the time will not be transfered back when we get back up and running.

So far Shadowdale has announced that they are remaining up, and I'm am sure that the pirate Isles will remain up, so this is a good chance to come and see other servers.

[edited] Wynna has posted some more information about this on the ALFA forum

[ January 07, 2004, 23:22: Message edited by: Rotku ]

2. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Does this have to do with the Flooding attack ALFA is suffering from as well? Wynna posted a comment on it on the new ALFA boards. Immature and illegal behavior, that! :(

3. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Aye, that's what that link is to. Hopefully they catch the person, although I doubt it.

[Edited] The above link no longer works, as the forum has come under attack as well, and has been shut down until they work out what is wrong

[ January 08, 2004, 10:15: Message edited by: Rotku ]

4. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Ah, great, i've just ended my hardware problems (new CPU fan - its much more silent :) and hard disk confusion), and ALFA goes down :(

Ah, well... Pirate Isles... Beware :evil: ;)

BTW, as much as i played on it already i noticed its a very chaotic place. So when some fat woman insulted us we just killed her (Frosty and her Hellhound :) ). And then the whole land turned against us. :( I guess this cant be changed unless a DM is on controling it all?

5. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

well, while you were fighting I stole a club +1 from one of the corpses XD

Anyway, I've just installed HoTU, so I'm ready to go!

6. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    What did you expect? You murder somebody for an insult and then summon an evil creature like a hellhound? Of course the whole place will turn against you!

7. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] If so they should get Frosty, not me! :evil: :p
    She's the evil fire sorceress commanding a hell-fire creature while i'm just a poor apprentice monk.

Well, the place really is chaotic. Pirates slaugter themselves over a bottle of rum and stuff. And that woman even said "Just try to fight me and you'll see!" or something like that. Her own fault :p :D

8. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

*sighs* Means I will be back at level 1 instead of 3. No more armour or bow that I played so hard for. Need to figure out how to RP him since he will be a ranger no longer.

9. Gnolyn Lochbreaker Gems: 13/31

Fade, your character gained 2 levels in 6 days?! Or did your PC lose 2 levels another way other than the vault loss?

Anyways, as with a server crash, it's usually best to simply assume that the lost time never happened.

10. fade Gems: 13/31

yea, I think at the first I was maybe 50 from level 2. Than that entire weekend and the days after until this was spent playing. Play probaly 50 or so hours that weekend, all of it was DM questing.

And I can't assume that it didn't happen, because the differences of how my guy was then and now are like apples and oranges, RP and item-wise.

11. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

xD

Pirate Isle was really fun, Vaire and Gothmog went shopping for ages, and then we eventually got slaughted by the local inhabitants for killing people :(

*happy*

12. Rotku

What?! When did you play on it? is it back on line?! It was down for ages because of hardware problems.

*runs off to check*

13. Frostbite Gems: 16/31

Ah, it was a long time ago RotKU, :(

When no one else was online on DD, the two of us were causing chaos in Pirate Isle

14. Rotku

Ah, I thought that was strange. You got my hopes up for nothing! :wail:

Well, it seems like the Update to HotU is going to plan. All but one server is going to be up by wednesday night, so now would be a good time to update. There are already quite a lot of servers online, which have already been updated.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.