1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA Down-Turn?

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Mathetais, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

[​IMG] I've noticed a considerable lack of posting down here and was wondering what the scoop was.

Have you all jumped to the ALFA boards, quit the game, keeping your stories to yourself ... what?

Personally, I had to quit ALFA (my only on-line game to date) due to personal reasons. Before I left I noticed less and less of Bel & BTA.

So, tell us your story, why did you cut back on playing ... or ... why aren't you telling us your stories?

As for me ...

... I found it to be a bit too addictive. As I had a character that finally made Level 6 I kept playing and playing, looking for more xp, exploring areas I had never been to before, trying to be a part of various clans and plot lines. Soon I was not getting sleep, obsessing about the game during work-hours, and pissing my wife off. I've seen much more adventure in RL after leaving the game, so its been a worthwhile trade off.

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I've just been way too busy. And being a DM is even more time consuming. I enjoy it, but Real Life has gotten a lot more hectic...Work iis busy, and I've recently rediscovered my personal/social life.

I guess I enjoy the Real World a little more than NWN. I still pop in from time to time, but it's just not the same...

3. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

[​IMG] My ALFA world is thriving :cool:

And Himo is certainly my best character up to now. He's got incredible luck, and has lots of friends. Happy life indeed.
    Even more, Sheela Peryroyl (Hin goddes of nature/beauty/love/...) granted me her attention. Indeed i am blessed.

And i'm playing almost every day now.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I haven't been playing much lately either. Been really busy lately, and most of the time when I'm logged in, nothing is going on.

Last weekend I played a bit. Saw a mob kill a Drow PC (well I guess it was just two of the mob that did the actual killing). Then I helped a relatively powerful mage do some of the contracts (that I have done countless times already) with Zothar's latest PC.

Got trapped in the crypt of that restless ghost contract when the door closed and was unopenable except from the outside. Had to wait for some other adventurers to open the door for us.

That little bit was the most adventure (and XP) I've had in months. Most of the time I end up wandering around until I arrive in Daggersprings and then all that happens is talk.

Oh, and after all this time I'm still maybe 8 or 9 hundred XP from 4th level.

5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Kinda the same story I guess. I'm very busy with other things at the moment, and can't spend as much time on ALFA, as I would want to. Some things just need to get priority.

The time I do have available is mostly spend on building, thinking up things or testing for Yartar. And I doubt anybody would want to hear detailed stories of how I struggle with the toolset ;) .

6. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Whaha!

Himo's becoming quite a traveler... He started in DD, went to Arabel and Northern Cormyr (two different servers) about two weeks ago, and after he helps a young man searching for a big sword (bastard one) come to DD, he'll set off for Shadowdale.
    He heard its a beautful land. And The Unwanted adventorous group went there just today... sadly Himo could not join them, becouse a promise is a promise. He must go back to DD first.
    But Moriart, Borgir and Sulak promised they'll leave some crates whole for me.

BTW these crates... we did a quest in Northern Cormyr, where we encountered a cellar with a gargoyle in it. We dispatched him, but we couldnt open the iron doors leading into a small cell. The previous universal "key" didnt work(Moriart's scythe ;) . And there were lots, and lots of crates and barrels in the room. So we bashed them all open (they were barred) to see if there's a key inside. There was no key :)
    But we did spend a good half-hour sweating to break those open. Himo took one on and could only scratch it (with a critical he did whooping 2 damage!).

Well, in short... The Unwanted own cellars! :grin:

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] If anyone wants to schedule a little DM time...Shoot me an e-mail or a private message. We can set something up...I'm starting to come up with ideas even!

8. Mr Writer Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I kinda jumped ship to the ALFA boards :(

*makes mental note to keep popping back in here*

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.