1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

ALFA Aps April 1st

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by Erran, Mar 28, 2001.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] No joke, the new player application forms should go online 1st April. Time for all you would be AORTANS to get cracking!

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] I'm looking forward to having the guild rounded out. 7 is a good start but I'd like to see another 7 or 8 members join when ALFA comes back up.

3. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Woohoo! I am There!

*stands glaring threateningly at other ALFA wannabes, who try to crowd in first*

4. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Count me in!

As soon as I've thought about my Monk's background a bit anyway. ;)

*smirks at the other wannabe's pitiful efforts as he knows he's the fastest of the lot*

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Where are the apps again? There was a link here b4...

You folks need a kick@ss paladin to soak up a little damage up front, whilst you memorize your fancy spells and such... ;)

6. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Here is the link again. http://63.210.143.48/ It may change once the real site is up but this should still get you to where you need to be.

As far as having a paladin, you are more than welcome. And I never really thought of power word kill as a fancy spell. ;)

7. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Yeah, Voltric. I'd like to see us up around 20. That would give most people a good chance of finding ~ 4 chums to go adventuring with whatever time of the 24/7 they live in.

8. Duskai Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] Name...check
    Background...check
    Portrait...check
    Bad sense of humour...check
    Catsuit...check
    Sharp objects...check

All systems go, ready for application re-launch, stand by for chaos and random violence, this thief is ready to go...

(minor deity problem to be sorted a.s.a.p.)

9. Erran Gems: 19/31

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2018
  10. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Of course, Bateluer will be joining AORTA as well. I'm sure you could use my unique talents.

11. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] More members are welcome. We'd love to have you, but I need to know, what unique talents would those be? ;)

12. Duskai Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

talents? i look good in a catsuit (studded leather-for her pleasure) can distract the enemy with my 'assets', can sneak, open doors, render traps useless and buy the first round at the pub :) i can also make shish kebabs of thine enemy whilst whipping the buttocks of evil (muhahaha)
    same old stuff, y'know
    *goes to polish her boots*

13. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Erran,
    I want to play but I've been procrastinating.
    I have yet to look at what is involved with an ALFA application?
    As far as AORTA is concerned, are you still accepting members?
    I notice that Lord Bane is a Monk that will perhaps be in your ranks, I too would like to be a Monk, are two too many?
    One last thing, my knowledge of 3E rules is limited, how detrimental will this be to my application when ALFA opens again?

14. Voltric Gems: 19/31

Don't worry about the 3E rules, at least for the app. If you are up on 2E you be fine. There are not any question that apply to the rules that much. Just make sure you brush up be the time NWN comes out. Knowing what's going on will be vital in playing the game and making your character.

15. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] Hi and welcome Lord Moeken.
    Your timing could not be better, ALFA should be opening its doors to new members today or tomorrow.
    AORTA is still accepting new members.
    Don't worry too much about 3E, that's more a problem for the DMs. ALFA has said many times what they are looking for is ROLEPLAYERS, not rules lawyers. Check out the AORTA FAQs for some background info. If you want to play around with what your monk might be like in 3E, download the FREE 3E character generator from www.wizards.com
    then go games, electronic, master tools.
    You may notice that with the choice of feats and skills no two monks will be the same -its almost like having your own personal kit.
    Plus you have a wider choice of races and multi classes; so while one may chose a human who later becomes monk3/fighter1 another chooses a halfling who becomes monk2/wizard2 or whatever. Which partly answers your last question - yes several monks are good!

16. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Voltric : 3E PHB&MM (more or less anyway)

And Erran, I'll finish my Monk and send it to you one of these days, ok ?

17. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] One more quick question:
    As far as the application to ALFA goes, how important is our character's birth place and present location within the realms?
    If I want to be an AORTA member is there somewhere I should be?

18. Voltric Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] ALFA does ask for a character history. And that history is one of the most important parts of getting accepted. I don't think your birth place matters much as long as it fits into your history. If reference to your current location, I just felt it open ended for my PC, but we did have AORTA at that time.
    The guilde plans to start in the dales region. The ALFA maps will be finalized at the end of the week so we will know what server we'll be on.
    You could write that into your history if you want but I don't think it will be an issue if you are a little vage. Remember they are looking for good RP not a history lesson of FR.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

19. Erran Gems: 19/31

[​IMG] OK here's the scoop: I'll tell y'all more about this later, but since we are all in to roleplaying I'd like you all to roleplay your induction into the guild. We are at present outside Waterdeep, near a place called Bargewright Inn. Don't worry if you didn't put that on your cv, they don't keep track.

20. Voltric Gems: 19/31

Here is my intro for Voltric,

The sun slides behind a cloud and the wind increases its constant assault upon the population of Waterdeep. The figure approaching the inn pulls his reddish-brown cloak closer about his frame. He stops in front of the inn and extracts a scroll case from under his cloak, pulling a sheet of parchment from the case he compares the name on the parchment to the sign over the inn’s door. “bargewright” he mutters under his breath, “Here we are”. He strides through the door into the dim smoky interior.

After order a warm drink from the bar he finds himself an empty in a corner. He removes his cloak and leans back in his chair. Several regulars in the bar glance over at the new stranger. He is a younger human with shoulder length brown hair held back by a strand of leather thong. He blue eye, set in a weather beaten face are his only remarkable feature. His white tunic and black hose appear of good quality under the layer of dust from the road. He is wearing a wide leather belt with a number of pouches and scroll cases arrayed around it. Even though he is wearing a light shirt of chainmail, his only obvious weapon is an iron capped oaken staff he leans on the wall behind him.

He raising this drink to his lips and surveys the public room.

[This message has been edited by Voltric (edited April 03, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.