1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Aldeth

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Wil, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Wil Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

In cloakwood 1, Aldeth is standing. In a previous game, he was begging for assistance against evil druids. Now he won't even talk to any of my chars.
    Is it rep? (My rep = 13). Or is it because my party is full of evil chars (Shar-Teel, Viconia, Xzar...)? Or is it because my PC is a disgusting dwarf? (Chaotic Neutral)

2. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Could be your rep or your charisma.

I just checked the guide. It doesn't say anything about conditons. Try going north and talk to Coran then come back down and try again.

OR:
    Load from before you entered the area (auto-save?) for the first time.
    Try talking to him again after that.

3. Wil Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] Problems with these:
    Coran is in my party
    I didn't keep this file
    In fact I tried to talk to him after I cleared the Cloakwood mines :(

4. Aces Gems: 19/31

I know then!
    That happened to me my first game. :(

You must do it right away. After you go so far into the Cloakwood the quest can't be done.

5. Wil Gems: 6/31

Well, too bad.
    Thanks for this info.

As he is very gross, my dwarf will make slices of him, the druids won't have to dirty their hands.

6. Aces Gems: 19/31

Spoil (for the future)

You can kill him for his sword. If you do his friend will show up in BG city to get revenge. He has some good stuff.

If you help him with the Druids you can get an extra quest in BG city where he will give the sword as a reward.

Tough choice which is the better way. I have thought that killing those nasty Shadow Druids was the role-play "good" path. Helping the Druids kill him the neutral path. Killing both groups the evil path.

7. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

just think... What Would aJentis Do :)

8. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    The guy that comes to revenge is actually his brother, who does indeed has some great stuff but isn't particularly hard to kill. I had Quayle cast Hold Person and then bashed him to death. He carries a Morningstar+1 and a Heavy Crossbow of Accuracy+2.

9. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31

Aces: Go with the Evil Way!! More Loot.. more xp. And besides.. if you really want those Rep points back.. (If you lose any..) Just hit a shrine.. and jingle some gold!! :D

10. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

You won't lose reputation as they're all neutral..

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.