1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Albert and Rufie

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Sorvo, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Where in hell, is this little demons dog? I searched the whole area for it :( Is it in another area?

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ruffie is in the same area as Albert. I think he is to the East a little.

Could you have possibly killed Ruffie before you received the quest? If I remember correctly, Ruffie looks pretty much the same as all of the other dogs/wolves that you fight.

3. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Thank You, JSBB :) He's in the cluster of trees next to the river. Albert was supposed to give me another chew toy, but I didn't get anything in my inventory :confused: Oh Well, I guess it's another glitch. I just found out if you kill Rufie, you get 1200XP plus 17XP instead of 1000XP for finding him :cool:

[ August 06, 2003, 23:53: Message edited by: Sorvo ]

4. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Have you tried fighting Albert before you return the dog. It's dangerous :D

5. Sorvo

Media:
    Yeah, I managed to get 98 damage on that little bastard, and he still didn't die! :flaming:

6. Valer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Once, i killed them both. I was not only 2000xp, but 4000+2000xp as i remember. It was a long time ago.

7. Sorvo

Media:
    Albert can die? How did you do it?

8. Valer Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

It's not easy, i remember i attacked them, after returning Ruffie, and before the dimension door. Lot's of magic missile were spent on Albert, and Ruffie attacked me too. They can not be hurt with non magic weapon.

I tried later again and again, but it was the only case when succeed. Other times they escaped. Unfortunately i don't realy remember, just for the magic missiles.

9. dAS Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

He's a slow one, so go ranged, but as mentioned, used magical arrows or darts besides the magic missle.

10. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Can you kill Ruffie, and bring him back to Albert? That would be certainly an evil path (because your PC doesn't know what Albert and Ruffie really are).

Just walk up to him and say, "Here you go kid - here's your dead dog."

Maybe it's just me, but I'd think that would be pretty funny if you could do it.

11. Sorvo

Media:
    Yes Aldeth, Albert says something like "You killed Rufie, how could you have done such a thing" Then he just leaves, I would have thought he would have attacked me. Also, Rufie can be killed with non magical weapons. I'll have to try Albert again some other time because I don't have a saved game anymore :(

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.