1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Aiieee! Rep Dropped from 20 to 11!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sir Farivald, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Sir Farivald

Sir Farivald The Obsidian Cleric

[​IMG] I started a new game of Baldur's Gate 2 a while back, I was annoyed at how my reputation at the end of the game last time was low to the point where Ellisime spoke of "Horrific past deeds," all because of me having to turn into the Slayer a few times.
    Anyway, I've just noticed that, for reasons unknown, my reputation has dropped from 20 (which it's been on for a long time) to 11. Why?! I noticed it around the time Aerie was kidnapped by Bodhi, and I've done nothing at all to have my reputation lowered.
    Confused and immensely pissed off, as the whole point in this new game has just been thrown out of the window now I'm right near the end. I'm in the elven city now and don't have enough money to donate my way back to 20. Grrr. Help?

[ December 26, 2005, 18:24: Message edited by: Blackthorne TA ]

2. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You lose 2 points of reputation every time your PC change to Slayer form...

I'm guessing that's the main reason...

if not...i do not know... :confused:

3. Sir Farivald

Nay friend, I must've explained it poorly. I haven't changed into the Slayer at all this game, I did last time I played through it due to being stuck on some particularly difficult enemies.

4. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG]
    Chapter 6... :hmm:

Did you fight and kill Drizzt coming out of the Underdark?

Did you kill the Silver Dragon?

Did you get the flesh armor?

Did one of your summoned monsters or an area attack spell kill a foolish peasant? There a few in the Graveyard that are hard to see at night if you had a fight there.

You must have done something. :confused:

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

If you casted any fireballs or Horrid Wiltings in a city, it could have killed some peasants. Although, I think you would know, because they would all turn red afterwards.

If you are really concerned, and you don't think you deserve to be this low, perhaps cheat to get more money, and then buy your rep back up. However, if you don't like cheating, then don't. Although, I think this is justified cheating.

6. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

If you killed that Silly mage in the underdark to get all the spells off him instead of the one item he gives you then your reputation drops to 11 from 20 and depending on how much you did before the underdark there will be really nothing at all to put your reputation back up in SoA...However there are enough deeds in ToB to bring yours up from 11 to 20.

7. Minh So Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Guys, are you sure ? I recall it's perfectly fine to kill Drizzt, Adalon the silver dragon and that foolish mage in the Underdark :confused:

Saber : HW only affects enemies :)

And... ugh, here we got someone who made it to the Elven City but had no 20k to donate ? :p

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

They do now? Hmm... oh well.

And killing the silver dragon hurts your reputation. I'm not sure about the mage... I kill him every time, and I've never suffered a drop in rep.

Does it depend on the difficulty setting? If you are playing insane, it might be more drastic...?

9. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Well I do kill the evil mage guy in Underdark. He is EVIL you know, I checked via detect evil. Who knows what evil scheme he has with all those loot from elemental planes? So I kill him (he is tricky indeed, he casts IMPRISONMENT, how ironic indeed!) and never suffer a rep. drop AFAIK.

10. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Not as if we don't all know that allignments in BG2 are wack :rolleyes:

11. Sir Farivald

Hehehe, this is what happens when you're generously liberal with money. I don't recall doing anything at all for it to be lowered, not even by accident. I don't remember seeing any messages telling me my reputation has dropped, but hey. I suppose I'll just concentrate on getting past these bloody temples guards and finishing the game.

12. Whoa.KinG Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Err... What mage is everyone talking about???

13. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

When you're in a large fight and you haven't paused it for a while, it can be easy to miss a few things, a rep. drop included. So maybe a fight in the graveyard or somewhere with a few innocents or something. So did you kill the Silver Dragon at all?

By the way, AS IF you don't have 20k at least to spare by this stage! Exactly HOW NICE were you!!!

@ Whoa.KinG, I think they're reffering to the Mage in the Underdark that asks you to kill the people who have been imprisoned or whatever, or was it the elementals? Well something like that in the area. Sorry, haven't played it for so long!

14. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Well, sometimes the game engine works in mysterious way...

I once experienced same thing, but 18 to 11, when I killed horde of compound guards in Temple district.

15. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Killing evil doesn't necessarily make you popular. I happen to be talking about the mage that is exploring the elemental planes. When I kill him I suffer a drop in Reputation. Which is really odd since there is nobody around to see me do it nor anybody that's going to care since he's been imprisoned for ages.

I'd consider him neutral myself honestly.

16. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

@Whoa.KinG: The mage that they talking about is a small quest that you could do when you first get to the Underdark, if you get a freedom spell from the little dwarf on the left (bottom left corner on map) and use it you'll see a mage apiers on the middle of the screen...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  17. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

If the mage in question is Vithal, I'm positive I didn't get a reputation hit when killing him. I've done it several times.

18. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Killing a single innocent will drop your rep from 20 to 10. It might help you pinpoint where if you look at when you did quests that would boost your rep back up. Whatever happened must have occured between the last such quest and the one before that.

19. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Yes, the mage is OK to kill.

Killing the Silver Dragon definitley hurts rep and killing that mage with the spell scrolls is OK. My Undead Hunter did just fine. I assume killing Drizzt lowers rep too as it did in BG1 so I didn't do it.

I think getting the flesh armor from that merchant (after killing the Silver Dragon) lowers rep too... :confused:

20. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Nope.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.