1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

AI Seems to SNAFU

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights 2' started by Runespeaker, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Runespeaker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Have played to and through the dwarven stronghold (Old Owl Well area) 3 or 4 times. Each time the AI seems to give up after you go underground. From that point on the characters stop everything and you must instruct each one every time. If the main character runs off, no one follows. If the main character gets into a fight, they are on their own.

Have gone through the Behaviour controls in the character sheet and everything looks OK. Says puppet mode is off.

Something very screwy. :mad:

Any clues?

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Check what patches/expansions you have installed. There's always a chance you're not quite up to date, or have the wrong patch for your version. Of course, this is an Obsidian game... so there's a much bigger chance that you've done nothing wrong at all, and the problem's entirely down to Obsidian's usual lax programming and playtesting regimen. The regimen that means games get released with more bugs than a human rights campaigner's living room.

3. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    My bet is Obsidian. I didn't have exactly this problem, but both AI and game response seemed to get worse the further in I played. I ended up just giving up on it.

4. Runespeaker Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

According to the autopatcher I am up to date with all the right patches. This is a clean install without any expansions so I am concluding that this is a "feature".

You have to wonder - how can a team get a game so badly wrong? I have 1990 stuff that is way better than this. :(

5. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    As an AI student, I have to tell you that we keep the AIs intentionally dumb.

You don't want to something like Terminator to happen, do you?

6. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    At this point, it may become prefereable. I'll adapt your Tao of Programming to gaming:
    "After three years without good games, life becomes meaningless." - Tao of Gaming.

7. SlickRCBD Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    The Terminators theselves weren't so bad, they could learn the value of human life. Now Skynet was another matter.
    Should I also mention Cylons, Colossus, Joshua, Durandal & Tycho, and a slew of other cautionary tales?

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 43 seconds later... ----------

How could I forget H.A.L.?

---------- Added 0 hours, 0 minutes and 45 seconds later... ----------

or Wintermute?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.