1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations DLC Reviews

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Nov 27, 2019.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]Some Age of Wonders: Planetfall, Revelations DLC reviews.

OldManMordaith

[​IMG]

You Cannot Resist the Call

Revelations is a solid first outing for the Planetfall DLC line. I know many were hoping for a new faction, but with the diversity found in the Heritor technology, I think most will be satisfied. This DLC manages to bring new exciting things to the game without the soul-wrenching feeling of power creep.

8/10 - In Essence, an excellent first DLC. A good job that the team should be proud of balancing so well.

Review by Joshua Smith (Old Man Mordaith)

Edited by Jesse Roberts

The developer provided a free code for review purposes.

GideonsGaming

[​IMG]

Verdict

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed that Revelations didn't bring a whole new faction to the game. However, the new secret tech and NPC faction still add a great deal more flexibility to Planetfall. The Anomalous site mechanic is fantastic adding even more strategical choices to the game and the new marauders are nice, even if I find the bio-pigs a strange choice.

You can get a decent amount of playtime from the two new campaign missions and Revelations also adds new locations and pickups across the board on the strategy map and new world scenario based on the Heritors.

Revelations features plenty of new content even without a brand new faction and is worth the price. Planetfall was already great, now it is even better.

Confused? Check out my review of the base game. Age Of Wonders: Planetfall

A copy of Revelations was provided for Gideon's Gaming by Paradox Interactive.

Enjoy my content and want to help out? Check out my Kofi!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2019
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.