1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Aerie romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Gladiator, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Gladiator Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

[​IMG] Is it possible for me to solo through Chapter 1-3, pick up Aerie right before leaving for Brynnlaw, and then romance her from there? Or must the romances start in Chapter 2?

On forehand, thanks! :)

2. Fallen Paladin

Fallen Paladin The One and the Same Veteran

I think romances are active only in chapter 2, 3 and 6.

And romances can start in any of the chapters above(not sure about the 6th one though).

[ October 02, 2002, 15:35: Message edited by: Fallen Paladin ]

3. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Actually I think Romance won't run in Dungeon places, so you should pick her up nice and early. I believe both the Asylum and the Underdark is considered a Dungeon, so it won't run for the most of it.

4. Ray192 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

well, I had interactions when i was in underdark.

5. r'Hant Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

There's something fishy with The Underdark (and not just Kuo-Toa): IMHO dialogues don't start in he main cavern, but are active in a few other places where you are less likely to enter a fight. For example, I had dialogue starting when I entered the cave of Avalon. I loaded the autosave and waited, but nothing happened outside the lair.

6. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Dragons Caves are considered as INSIDE areas - not dungeons - I had the same with Firkraag ;)

though Romances aren't actually meant to happen in chapters 4, 5 and 7

Chapters 2 and 3 are the main times to romance
    Chapter six is if your slow :p

7. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Also, Viccy and Aerie will both romance you inside the drow city, apparently it's considered outdoors as well. I've never romanced Jaheira, but I imagine the same would go for her.

8. Camlan Gems: 3/31

Jaheira won't romance inside the drow city. I've done the Jaheira romance recently and I had to wait till I came out to continue the romance, and when I came out there was a bunch of harpers quests waiting for me and Elhan turning hostile as well :mad: .

I could manage it all thanks to SPFixpack :)

9. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Slightly :yot: , but why would Elhan have been hostile? You must have had a really low reputation because even with my evil party, he was neutral to me.

10. komei Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Yes, the first tiem i played the game i did the harper quest early and those harpers kept coming and attacking at the most inopportune moments, turning normally friendly characters nearby hostile - not just the 'Elhan' problem which I;ve heard about but not seen - also at various points in Amn - it was so annoying!

Also, has anyone ever force attacked Elhan and company just for the sheer hell of it? An elf mage appears, he says something like "Don't attack those who help you" but doesn't seem to cast any spell, and then you just die. Not to die of course means you would wreck the plotline... ;)

11. Camlan Gems: 3/31

If you start a fight in the area around Elhan (don't have to fight him, only start a fight) he and all the elves become hostile and start attacking you. I think I have seen a topic in this board about this bug and how can be solved, but I can't remember well (btw I think now I'm really getting :yot: )

12. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

The way to solve it is to summon a new non-hostile Elhan. I believe the console command is:

CreateCreature("C6EHLAN"). Someone correct me if I've got the wrong creature code.

13. griffin1987 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The only person i can romance is Jaheira...Arie is like a little niave girl...i couldnt stand falling in love with a toddler like her. :nolike:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.