1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Aerie giving birth? *major spoiler*

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Pyro, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Pyro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Ive heard it mentioned some times on this board but ive never seen it in game. Is it triggered by the romance and does it affect the game anything? (extra familiar:)

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] You need to progress to a certain point in the Aerie romance for her to give birth. Then you'll have a cuddly baby in your inventory... And that's about it.

3. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Yep... I rather take Viconia tho =)
    No strings attached hehehe

4. cirian16 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

*Big Spoiler*
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Actually if you don't become a god and you follow the Vironica romance in the whole epilogue thing at the end of the game it says you have a baby.

PS-I never had enough time to go by for Aerie to have the child but wouldn't he have the Bhall esence also?and if so does Solar take it away?and if she doesn't wouldn't that be an interesting sequal?.....sorry I have trouble letting go....I miss you Baldurs Gate.....

5. White Storm Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Aerie's baby hmmm? Well you have to wait ages for that to happen. I myself used shadowkeeper to edit the baby timer because i completed every single quest in ToB + Watcher's Keep and the baby timer was something about 2 weeks time LOL. And Solar doesn't do anything to the baby but the ending is nice to read :)

6. cirian16 Gems: 4/31

Ok then if Solar doesn't do anything to the baby then the baby should have the Bhaal escence(unless of course Aerie and some Triefling who will not be named got a little frisky...but we know that did not happen because some of us put him into the girdle of gender and give him vampires revenge then you chop him up into little tiny bits tourch the little tiny bits then you put the ashes into a little tiny bag and beat it with an ugly stick then you feed it to a bear who you use as an animal sacrifice to raise the demons in the underdark)So that is why I still say THERE CAN BE A SEQUAL!.....plz...I need something to live for....lol.Anyways I have something thats on the topic to add to this post....How does the giving birth thing work?is it so much time real time or game time because I traveled between 2 zones for 9 months and still no little bundle of joy....or if hes my kid retarded one eyed freak.

[This message has been edited by cirian16 (edited March 15, 2002).]

7. Israfel Gems: 4/31

When Baldur's Gate Saga is going to be continued, I think odds are
    :

1) they make as the story ended with you not becoming a god, and then something happens to you

2) you are Aerie's child, with all his troubles with his blood

3) you are Viconia's child, with all his troubles with his blood.

But I think the first is more likely - it doesn't give racial problems (of course, a child of Aerie or Viconia could be only elf or halfelf)

8. Ebany Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Or perhaps they'll make a sequel that takes place quite some time after one became a good, and the main char would be some kind of goody-two-shoes freak running around in Baldurs gate and giving money to the poor or something (What I want to get outta this nonsence is that maybe it'll be a completly new story.... nothing else.... I just tend to write stuff like that just for fun)

9. cirian16 Gems: 4/31

[​IMG] We can keep dreaming but.....there probobly won't be a sequel.It's really sad.....first Torment dieing....now BG.The greatest RPGs of our time(but after playing Torment I wonder how I ever really called BG a true rpg....)are ending...who is taking their place(PoR?!?!wasted money....)?Torment died to soon Bg died in its full glory....these are just the games that effect me.These games took away my life....fitting I have to get a new one because they lost theirs.

~Edit~
    Ahhhh this has taken on a whole new topic it would be an interesting one though if someone made it.

[This message has been edited by cirian16 (edited April 02, 2002).]

10. Desu Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Two words: Neverwinter Nights?

11. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] What's this got to do with Aerie giving birth? Stick to the topic!

12. RangerSG Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

The Aerie timer is set at 60 hours REAL TIME from when you get the message.

What I do is wait until I get the "pregnant" message to go to Watcher's Keep. Then I do WK straight through beginning to end. That takes a good 10-15 hours or so real time.

You'll have to use extensive pauses to get enough hours to make the timer trigger. Some people aren't happy about that, (including me), but if you read the dialogue, you can see that it's intended to be that way.

BUT, since the timer is based on REAL time, not game time, if you were to leave the game running on pause, in the pocket plane for a couple evenings, you'd get a lot closer...

Cheesie? Maybe, but it does increase your odds of hitting the trigger.

As for Bhaal essence, I think the implication is that if you purify yourself of it, that you purify the baby of it as well.

[This message has been edited by RangerSG (edited April 04, 2002).]

13. buzz142010 Guest

got a question...White Storm said he/she used shadowkeeper to edit the time trigger...how do you do that?????

14. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Here's a thinker for you. The Avarieal have wings. My character is a Half-Elf, and Aerie is pregnant.

Will the baby have wings, vestigial wings, nothing, or something else?

[How about you make a new topic for something like this, since it is in no way connected to the original question?] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited April 22, 2002).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.