1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Aeolwyn's Legacy - Progress Update and New Demo

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by RPGWatch, Jun 10, 2020.

1. RPGWatch

RPGWatch Watching... ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG]A recent update for Aeolwyn's Legacy announces an updated demo and discusses progress made so far. Additionally it seems that the developer has changed its name from Brrapp Games to Dungeonbyte.

[​IMG]

Another Aeolwyn's Legacy update

[​IMG]

It's been a while since our last update, so I thought I'd let you know a few things that are happening!

There's a new build of the demo up that fixes some bugs. It will probably be the last of the demo build for a while as I'm building out the world terrain for Chapter One! Here's a preview video: (don't mind getting stuck on the roof of the tavern!

There's some pretty exciting stuff about the new world map. Firstly, it's huge. the full size is 16km x 8km. Secondly, it will be a seamless world. You'll be able to walk from one end of the world to the other without a single level load (though you may get a hiccup once in a while). I didn't think I was going to be able to support that, but I've got some tech from Procedural Worlds that's working great.

You won't be able to hike the world from the get-go because there won't be anything there yet! I'm focusing on the Tambryne area first, which includes the demo town of Ableton, the farming (or fishing) village of Graslan, the fort at Cape Bryne, and the region's capital city of Tambryne. There will also be some procedurally generated villages with side quests just as soon as I figure out how to get that working.

You might notice in the demo that the portraits are weird. I've been experimenting with 3D character portraits, but have been running into some difficulty that I'm still working out. I haven't fixed it so you can see the difference between the 2D and 3D portraits. If you've got an opinion, let me know!

Another bit of news is that I moved the location of the demo build from Amazon's AWS to itch.io. Mainly because it's free for me to host (unlike AWS), and I can now accept donations for the project. Eventually I'll start to charge a small amount for it as it gets closer to the beta for Chapter 1. After that, I have plans to put it on Steam Early Access, but it probably won't be leaving itch.io.

Here's the link: https://dungeonbyte.itch.io/aeolwyns-legacy

And as always, if you haven't headed over to Discord, that's where we do most of our development chant these days!

Some good stuff happening!

Toodles for now!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2020
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.