1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Aec'Letec

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Allanius, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Allanius Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Anyone khave a good strategy for killing this beast? Every time I try someone in my party dies. It's those darn ghouls he creates. When I send in my fodder, he changes them and they kill a party member with 1 strike. :mad:
    Also, how do I fight him when he's magic resistant and normal-weapon immune? :eek:

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    No, no, no. That's his death gaze. After the gaze affects you or your party member, you have a certain amount of time before you turn into a ghoul. Cast dispel magic on the person to prevent it after the person's been affected, or use Potions of Mirrored Eyes to avoid being affected by the gaze.

3. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Potion of Mirrored Eyes, you say? I wish I had known that, I ended up leaving my party in the house above him, collecting all the neutral characters, and taking them there, leaving them, then collecting all the evil NPC's, send them down alone, when they die, recruit neutral NPC's, and only when I had no other option did I take my good NPC's down there to fight.

4. Allanius Gems: 2/31

Is that what the "Dying" status means?

5. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Who is this guy?

6. Allanius Gems: 2/31

You mean Aec'Letec? He's a demon from the TotSC expansion in the town of Ulgoth's Beard.

7. Trminator Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

You should do like I did.. I sendt my archer (Kivan) down alone with the boots of speed, ran into one corner, and started shooting all the cult members standing around Aec'Letec.

If he saw me, I would lure him into a corner, and run like hell up the stairs. Then hide in shadows, and start shooting once more..

When all the cult members were dead, I sent my entire party down, and presto!! :D

A bit cheezy, perhaps, but somtimes it is just as satisfying as "tanking" someone.. :p

8. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

:mad:

I'd wish I'd known about this.

My first game was bad...
    My Paladin cast protection from evil on everybody and that helped. The demon attacked the summoned monsters and couldn't see us. Many reloads though because when you first enter he gets one group stun shot in before you can summon and one gaze.

Second game I knew a little better and had a cleric (two actually) with group protection from evil which lasts longer. Also used the potion of invunerability (SP?) to lower svaing thorws by a ton on my dwarf who already had great saving throws. Dwarves get the best throws. Set him in to absorb the gazes. Only one reload.

9. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Kill all cultist in the cellar first, a cheap trick to do this, is to let a member with long-range weapons, walk around the room and stick close to the walls, if you do this, Aec'Letec won't see you, and so you can kill the members fast, otherwise he respawns everytime you kill him.
    Another cheap trick how to beat him, is to send one member down, use magic or long-range weapons on him, go upstairs quick, or you will be hit by him, repeat this and you get him down without fear of being killed.

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I don't remember, but I know the status shows up on the portraits just like other buffs/curses, so yes, that's probably right.

11. Hydragyrum Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I used 6 potions of mirror eyes, used the tanks on the nearest cult members and a combination of fireballs and Arrows of Detonation on the back cultists. I needed to divert a tank to hold off the Demon but did not go for the kill until the cultists were dead. This works fine but i took a fair bit of damage.

My first attempt was not so clever as half the party got gazed to undeath and the rest were killed by the (unexpected) second incarnation of Aec'Letec.

I had a stroke of luck last time I fought Aec'Letec - the Mirror Eyes reflected his gaze attack and left him stunned - easy meat!

12. Allanius Gems: 2/31

Thank you everyone. I'll try those suggestions. But first, I'll need to prepare more dispel magics.

13. raptor Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

If you play with the Dark side of the Swoard Coast (yeah i know not many do but still) the Ettins Wans makes pretty much anything piece of cake.

14. Dranalis DeAealth

Dranalis DeAealth Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc Veteran

IIRC, he/it is particularly vulnerable to cloudkills. So get some mages in and blast away with them, directly on top of him. I honestly can't remember how many it takes to finish him this way, but it isn't a lot.

15. Hydragyrum Gems: 4/31

Just tried a different method.

1. P. from evil 10'
    2. Mirror eyes and speed potions all round
    3. Use monster summon spells to fend him off while I kill the cultists. (Use a wand as you can get lots)
    4. Tank him
    5. Mage uses up as many dispell magic scrolls as needed.

Be careful with the summoned monsters as they cannon hurt him and I think that he can use them as a source of hit points with a Vamp. touch spell.

16. Ancient Galatan Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I had an awfull long-time killing him, cause i had a couple of mods which makes enemies at least 2x stronger. It took me a dazzling 90 minutes to defeat him.

17. Hydragyrum Gems: 4/31

Which Mods were those?

Tell me as I need to avoid them untill I get much better!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.