1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Advice on love

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Arkados Blackmire, Aug 14, 2001.

1. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Haha im turning this into a dating forum...
    But here goes...
    There's this girl that i really like, and she says she really likes me too. But she's got a lot of stuff to think about and a lot of work to do so she says its not a good time... She's not ready to get into a relationship in the near future (until she graduates in June). So she says lets just be friends...
    So what am i to do? can i date other girls? hmmmmmmm.....

2. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Don't date other girls, have patience, for that is the key.

3. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

If you truly like this girl then don't date other girls. Be her friend and what happens happens.

What happens happens. How's that for a motto? :D

4. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

From a womans point of veiw.... stay friends as she asks, and remember women like a challange.. so dont drool on her shoes too much :D

5. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Also speaking as a woman...
    What has been said is true - but have you considered that the young lady may be trying to let you down gently?
    Stay friends and see how it pans out, certainly, but... maybe go out with mixed groups of friends as well! Not with another girl on her own, mind! Boys and girls in a GROUP! Maybe your friend would find going out with you in a group would also be less 'threatening' to her decision not to get involved at the moment, so you could enjoy her company without stressing her out.
    :)

6. Arkados Blackmire Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

hmmmm
    good advise all around. more or less what i've been hearing anyway, but thanks all! i guess secretly im hoping people will tell me to date someone else cos waiting sucks. i think i'll just take things as they come. What was it Douglas adams once wrote?
    Whatever happens happens.
    Whatever happens, and has happened before, happens again.
    Or something like that, i remember there was one more...

7. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Well, you only have to wait for one year, while I have to wait two and a half.... :(

Just let the time pass! Nobody can predict the future, and who where you'll be in a year from now?

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Go out with other girls!!! Enjoy yourself! I agree with Kitiara, women enjoy a challenge...If you're seeing other people, you WILL be! :D

Good Luck!

9. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

If you even want to date other girls, then this is not the right woman for you anyway. When you find "the One" the others will all seem inadequate. So, play the field- if it's not true love there's no reason to limit yourself, and maybe you will find a woman you are so crazy about you forget the first one.

And from a woman's point of view- I have to say it sounds like this girl is stringing you along. If she was in love with you she would have to be very, very cold to put you off for a year.

10. shadow_thief Guest

From *my* point of view, if she wanted you, she would:
    A) make you wait long until you go crazy, or
    B) make a gap in her schedule for you.

It depends on personality. If she's serious about really liking you, it'd be B or not interested. If she is malicious she'd do A or tell you straight off that she doesn't like you. You ppl will probably say what would I know, since I'm only 11. Well...I've been asked this several times among my older friends. Good luck!

11. fuoco Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] really Arkados Blackmire, wot brega said abt patience is imo the key to your little problem. talk to the girl of your desire, listen to her complaints et al. time will weather down her defence and hopefully warm up her cold heart.

don't blurt out confessions until she dropped u hints tt she has taken an interest in u. that would ruin everything :)

12. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] In any relationship, without personal involvment, there is only one general rule that can be given. Be true to yourself and honest to the other person. This always works for the best. Relationships are painful and complex. Nothing comes easy in this world, least of all the things worth having.

13. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I think she's either:

a.) the type of person who can't say, "no" so she makes up a BS excuse.

or b.) stringing you along on "reserve"

either way, move on, if you wait around you could be missing more promising opportunities.

I am not saying however, that you shouldn't be friends with her. Or that you shouldn't stand outside her window late at night singing childrens songs to yourself and waving around a pair of hedge-clippers, or sending creepy poetry to her that says you'll kill yourself if she doesn't go out with you. Also, when the police finally catch up with you, don't forget to have a copy of "Catcher in the Rye" on your person and scream like a crazed retarded monkey.

good luck! ;)

14. GONMAR Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

If she liked you there's no way she would let you get away...

So move on...it's only fun when both people feel the same way. Sometimes you just can't make her feel the way you do...and remember no girl is worth wasting your precious time. Get out there and meet more girls...you can be friends but don't put off dates for someone who has basically said no...you'll put off a date for her but she will never put off a date for you...

Good Luck it's very tricky...

15. Psycho. the fanged rabbit Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Good words sprite thats pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

16. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Hmm, I wish i could really help you but i cannot as my luck with girls seems to get off to a brilliant start and then fade and die causing pain.

But my advice is, if you know that your feeligns for her are true, then wait till she's ready and be friends with her but don't kill yurself just being a friend, try to soughta become close or good friends then start flirting abit more etc. And then, it'll happen and you will feel the luckiest man alive...damn...i wish i could do that now in my own life...but i can't now...

17. herf Guest

Why can everyone only see this in black and white?
    Maybe this girl eally does have problems to sort out, maybe shes recovering form a relationship. Maybe putting it off is killing you as much as its killing her.
    Shes probably trying to concentrate on school right now, how many people would want to get involved in a serious relationship right before their final exams? I don't think any sane person would.
    Remain friends with this girl, but at a distance, get too close and she might decide your better as a friend than a lover.

18. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Hahahahaha, old friend, someone has finally brought the unholy Black Guard Arkados to his knees.....you must be getting old.
    Good luck, is all I can say, given my non-existent knowledge of relationships of any sort.

19. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Ah if you think that she's the one for you, then justy wait.. You can have fun with the other girls but if you really have feelings for here, don't date others, why you should you search for something you've already found?

All you need is just a little patience.

20. Fljotsdale Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I wonder why I get the feeling that a lot of the posters in this thread are under 16... ?
    :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.