1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

About this Imoen thing...

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Vermillion, Jul 25, 2000.

1. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Okay I'm new to the forum, but I don't think you'll all mind me voicing further to my first message in reply to the Imoen thing.
    Yes, there ARE better fighters, better mages (NOT Edwin though, the Red Mages are fool's) and arguably better thiefs, but how many characters can excell at all three?
    This reminds me of an old Celtic story, but that's not really relavent just now...

2. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

None. But I'm glad you agree that she's not the best in anything, nor the worst.

3. Corellon Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I had Imoen the entire game, in fact she helped me kill Sarevok at the end. I dual-calssed her into a mage, and she hid in the shadows most of the time and cast cloudkill, then when she was out I had my PC's with long-range weapons (bows and crossbows) kick the crap out of him, so I didn't get hurt at all. My archers all died in the end, but Imoen finished Sarevok off with a magic missile spell. See? Any characgter xcan kick ass if you give 'em a chance!

4. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

My point there was she CAN be the best thief if you want her to, as well as being able to act as a fighter if necessary and can be a pretty good general mage too, Iwasn't saying she's not the best at anything and she certainly isn't the worst. If anything I consider her an NPC that is a "must have" in the partyb along with Minsc.(The comedy value is too great.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.