1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

about GameStop

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Valkyrie, May 24, 2004.

1. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I know GameStop buys used games and systems and such, but do they give you a good deal? Has anybody sold to this place, and if so, is it worth my time?

2. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I've bought and sold from this place and another place here in California called Game Crazy.
    As far as a good deal? Well it just depends on the game. In both places, the price of a used game varies. If they have a lot of copies of a game, the trade in value is a lot less than if they only have one copy. I.e, you won't get as much for a game if you trade it in.
    The thing I like aobut GameStop is if you buy a used game, you have a week to return it for a full refund, no questions asked. Even if you play it and finish it! This is mostly because they don't have the option to play the game in the store. GameCrazy does have that option, but, you can't if the game is rated Mature. So in this way, Gamestop comes out ahead.
    If you have a membership, the price on a used game is even better.
    I've found prices on used games to be fairly the same, just depends on the game and how popular it is.
    My suggestion, call and ask how much a game's trade in value is. Call several stores if you can. There are about three that are relatively close to where I live, about a 30 minute drive.
    I went into one store, asked about a resale value on NCAA College Football 2003 for PS2. GOt my price and decided it was worth it to trade it in. Went home and brought the game back. In the course of 30 min, the price dropped down by half because they had gotten several copies in in that 30 min or so. :-(
    Went to another location and I actually got $2 dollars more than my original quote. So be careful of that.
    Also, they can be real #$%$%$s and charge you a "resurfacing" fee if there is even the tiniest of scratches. Even though the game plays perfectly fine, be careful of that. If you have the stuff at home, resurface the disk yourself.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.