1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A white guy sings that?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Jerlark386, Dec 20, 2001.

1. Jerlark386 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] You ever hear a hiphop song and got a shock after you found out who sings it?

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

[​IMG] No.

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited December 20, 2001).]

3. Asmodeus Gems: 5/31

Never...

[This message has been edited by Asmodeus (edited December 20, 2001).]

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Yes...

I thought that song was performed by a girl...

5. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I generally try not to hear hiphop songs.

6. mark the beneficial shah Gems: 5/31

I have.
    Like Emen em. When I first heard of him, everyone pumped him up as someone cool and "understanding" how life realy is for spoiled suburban white kids. Than I heard him, and I thought he must be a little scrawny bitch. Now, when I finally saw what he looked like I saw that he was indeed a "Scrawny little bitch". Of coarse in a fight, I am sure he can be considered a "scrappy fighter".
    His rap is terrible, his voice is terrible, his vibe is childish, he is a all in all mess. I hope he finds his true strength someday and gets out and away from music, unt'll he gets alot more talented with it.

[This message has been edited by mark, the beneficial shah (edited December 20, 2001).]

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] You know what they say... Who needs talent when people will listen even to the biggest idiots...

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] It's kind of funny that this topic popped up! I heard a song on a college radio station about 3 weeks ago called "Hope It Felt Good" by NIkka Costa. I really liked the song...It has a cool jazzy, funky, hip-hoppy beat that I liked. Anyway, it sounds like a black woman is singing...So I went and bought the cd. The singer is a red-haired asian girl from San Francisco! Go figure!

Great song! Decent cd. Go buy now! ;)

9. *Dudette Guest

Every time i hear Micheal Jackson I have a feeling that i'm listening to Janet Jackson...

10. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Who DOES need talent? All you need is a size triple-D and the right place at the right time! How is it shocking to find out one stupid person plays another stupid person's song? Whether they're white or black, they can't name their colors anyway...

11. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    You're right, It annoys me when people bring attention to the fact that they're multi/racial or whatever. Person is a person, no matter where he/she comes from and such. It's the person him?herself that conunts!

Yes, I get surprised quite often. In FInland, there are some damn good hiphop groups that sing in english, so you can never be sure when you hear something...

Ara
    (Withdrawal. Help!)

12. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

They're NOT discussing what race the singer is, they're saying: appearances (or the voice) can be deceiving. *cough* In my case, let's see... The sort of thing you least expect is hearing "Butterfly", buying Crazytown's "The Gift of Game", and hearing this hardcore rap. If you look at the bottom of the lyrics for the song, you will see: "CONTAINS EXCERPTS FROM 'PRETTY LITTLE DITTY' BY THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS". Go figure.

13. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

Tiamat, that has nothing to do with what I was talking about. Arabwel misunderstood. This has to do with TALENT not RACES.

14. I heard one song from the radio and i didnt know who was singing that. I got a heartattack when i found out.

15. Dark Xan Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Yes I thought it was a white girl, but I found out later it was close, it was micheal jackson

16. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    What I meant is that people keep bringing attention on physical traits they have, like curvy figure or dark skin or blonde hair and use such things to promote themselves.

But I wasn't really thinking when I wrote the last post... sorry.

Ara
    (Possibly passeed Swedish...)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.