1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A weapon for Jaheira?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Cap'n CJ, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Pretty much what it says on the tin. I can't find a good weapon for her. I'm at the start of the game, i've just done the seeing eye quest.

2. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

I've got the same problem. I just stick her with a spear+1 and call it good till I can find her something better.

3. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Go to trademeet and get Blackwood for her, clubs are Jaheira's best weapons at the start, also the club from outside the Druid grove I forget the name.

4. Latro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Jaheira is best with Clubs.
    And good with Scimitars.

You will find both in Trademeet and/or the Druid Grove.

To get to Trademeet you have to do the Trademeet quest.
    If you don't have it yet go to the City gates.

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There are two main directions taken for Jaheira's weapon use:

Two Weapon Style -- Scimitars (including belm) and Clubs.
    Two-handed Weapon Style -- Staves and spears (especially the Impaler).

Once you decide which direction you want to go, just put proficiency points in as appropriate.

Fortunately, the best weapons for both are in Trademeet/Druid Grove as DS mentioned -- except the Staff of Rhynn which can be purchased at the Adventurers Mart (also the staff spear obtained as part of the Harper's quest is quite good, too).

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    The club that Darkstrider mentioned is called "Gnasher" and it's found in an unavoidable battle if you do the Druid quest. If you have the item upgrade mod, you can combine Gnasher with Blackblood to get a +5 club called "Pitchwife". Also in the Druid Grove, if you decide to go the spear route, there is another magic spear available in the Troll Mound. I think it's +2. It may also have a name - "Spear of the Unicorn" rings a bell, but that might be the one you get in the catacombs beneath the Graveyard District - another easy palce to get a spear.

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  8. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Halcyon is the spear that's in the Catacombs on the southern end. It's a +1 spear that I believe does a couple points of electric damage.

9. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

isnt it Halocyn that has a posibility of backfiring on the user? with electric dammage

10. starwalker Gems: 16/31

The only spear i'm aware of that hurts you back is BackBiter. But I could be wrong.

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Use Item Upgrade to get the Pitchwife... its amazing. Then, equip belm in the offhand once you have pitchwife. If you don't have item upgrade, then stick with blackblood and gnasher.

Blackblood is expensive, but you can steal it if you are good.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Backbiter +3 hits the user for 1d6 iirc. Worth the curse though. ;)

13. Truper Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I typically buy her a +1 scimitar right out of Irenicus' dungeon. She uses that till we head off to spellhold. She next uses the staff mace from Bohdi's lair, and uses that until the Asylum, where she picks up the Club +2, +3 vs Undead. I've sometimes had her use this until she gets the Spectral Brand.

14. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Oh yes, the Bone Club that Truper spoke of is quite nice.

15. Hethan the Skald Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

I hate clubs, but I have Jaheira using Gnasher (@ chapter 5 right now). I didn't bother giving her two-weapon proficiencies, as I'd rather having her using a shield at all times. But I just can't seem to find a Scimitar that's better than that +2 that you get from the Dao Djinni in trademeet. I'm betting there are no better scimitars in SoA.

(I never played the ToB part before, so that's why I've no clue. Maybe the Spectral Brand that Truper mentioned is a +A_LOT Scimitar...?)

[EDIT: no, it's a club. D'oh. Sorry]

16. Gregor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

You were right the first time, Hethan. The Spectral Brand IS a scimitar. You get it in Watcher's Keep (so you WOULD need ToB, but you wouldn't have to play past Irenicus to get it). It's a +4 scimitar that can summon another blade once per day, IIRC. It rocks when Cespenar upgrades it. ;)

17. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

If you've got a thief, you can steal a +3 martial staff from the black market store in Waukeen's Promenade (only appears at night, outside the promenade near its furthest point to the right side of the map).

Belm is probably the easiest weapon to get in the whole game, since it's only "guarded" by a non-hostile cow. If you're short on cash and not ready for a fight, it's not a bad choice. It's +2 scimitar that gives you +1 attacks per round on your main hand, even if wielded in your offhand.

There are other good choices later in the game.

18. starwalker Gems: 16/31

There is a +3 scimitar named Water something in the Underdark. You have to kill that damned Liche and then raid the one house in the fighters guild by using the ward stone thingy you get from the liche. I believe that is the strongest Scimitar in SoA.

19. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Water's Edge. But it's not available at the start of the game, which is where Firey is (was?). It's the best simple scimitar, but the Spectral Blade is classed as a scimitar, and is significantly better than Water's Edge. Spectral Blade is also upgradable.

20. starwalker Gems: 16/31

And Spectral Brand isn't available until ToB. Waters Edge can at least have some use in between. Somebody said there isn't a Scimitar higher than Belm. I corrected that. It's still a Viable Answer.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.