1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A small favor to ask.

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Rawgrim, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

A friend of mine from Canada, just got a job as a host on a show on the web. Its a show about cooking and out-doors stuff. Anyway, in the first episode he was going to make bacalao. This is a Portugeese\spanish dish, that has been adopted by Norway. Upon researching the dish, he found out that the city i live in, is the bacalao capitol of the world. He asked me to help out abit on the show, and i did. Via skype. So I am in it, and I suck.

Anyway: What i am asking is this. Just watch the episode, so that they get views. spread the link to all your friends too. The hosts on the show are damn nice people, and it would be great for them if the show gets picked up by a network. So here is the link. Ohh and try out the dish they are making too. its great. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Stig! Any relation to The Stig from Top Gear? ;)

I thought you did fine; I think I would have understood what you were saying even without the subtitles. You didn't look very raw or grim though... :)

The sound was pretty poor for a while at around the 3 minute mark while they were in the store... something they should work on in the future.

3. reepnorp

reepnorp Lim'n Lime Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Still not exactly sure what that was but it looked pretty good!

I agree with BTA about the sound quality. When they weren't in the kitchen there was nothing coming out of my right speaker, definitely something to work on going forward.

4. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

I will mention the sound issue for them. I think they are doing 20 episodes or something, I am only in the first one, as a guest, so I am not sure what they are planning. Just spreading the link around like I promised.

5. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's a nice clip and you did well. :)

Something is confusing me, though, and because I'm a Dutchie, it's about the cheeses. :p The cheese they taste appears to be good, but I don't know which one they tasted. Also, there is no cheese on the recipe? Or is it used as some sort of topping?
    (I also find it funny how English speaking people pronounce Gouda :D)

I would have liked a close-up shot of a plate of bacalao, but judging from the ingredients, it must be pretty awesome. :thumb:

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yes good point. There should have been a close-up shot of the dish finished and presented. Other than that the show was well done I think besides the sound issues that have already been mentioned. I wish the show success.

Lol it's hard not to feel self conscious when you are in something Rawgrim, but you did fine :)

7. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Yes, i agree. they should have included a pic of the finished dish. I noticed that too straight away.

If anyone is interested: here is a pic of what it looks like when done. http://ceciliesmat.no/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Bacalao1.png

Its a great dish, actually. Tastes better the more you re-heat it. And its a very good dish to experiment with in regards to spices and such.

The link got swapped. Here is the full version of the episode:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Please EMBED videos here. We've got the YOUTUBE tags for a reason and that's so that videos are easily available to watch directly here without having to load an external website. People are far more likely to view a video if it's embedded vs. an external link in the text.

9. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

How do I do that exactly?

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If you edit one of your posts with the video embedded in it above, you can see for yourself.

Essentially, you take the video ID part of the URL and put that between YOUTUBE tags. If you go into the advanced post entry form (i.e. click on the Go Advanced button), there's a youtube button at the top that will place the tags around highlighted text in your post.

11. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Ok, thanks. I will keep that in mind.

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  13. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I loved the small talk!
    "We kinda stole it ... Vikings, you know?"
    "That's why I keep losing soccer matches" :lol:

Personally, I preferred the music of the first vid, if that's anything of importance to your friend. (Can't have enough feedback, I suppose)

14. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Ohh constructive criticism is great. Tyler was asking for stuff like that anyway.

15. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    If your friend is interested in constructive criticism, has he opened a thread somewhere where himself where he can receive comments and suggestions? I think these guys have a lot of potential but there are also some areas that could use a tweak. The audio issues are very important because if they want to be taken seriously those are the kinds of details that people will automatically associate with professional vs non-professional video production.

16. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31

Naw I just spread the link out for him, and promised to send whatever feedback it got his way.

17. Some Guy Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Interesting! I don't know why you thought you did poorly, but even the shortened episode was pretty clear about how to make the dish.

The gal co-host is hot. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2012
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.