1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A Romance Question

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Decados, May 10, 2007.

1. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I've started a new SoA game recently with the following party:
    Charname (Fighter/Mage)
    Korgan
    Jaheria
    Yoshimo
    Anomen
    Edwin

Things are going fine and I'm in the early stages of romance with Edwin and Anomen (only had one sarcastic comment thrown at each other so far). However, since they are evidently going to clash over my female character, I'm not sure which to go for. I'm playing evil (and getting poor Anomen to fail the Test) and have never gone fully through a romance with either. Does anyone have a recommendation as to which I should pick?

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Evil chicks are the best! :evil:

I haven't played Edwin's romance but I did try Anomen's once (I didn't complete it, I lost interest and I never played a female Charname since). I found him so annoying. Female romances are lacking in the unmodded game. I think Valygar (or Haerd'halis) would have made better choices. Especially when you think about Valygar's family curse.

I have to say that Anomen really fits in an evil party though (and I never liked him that much).

I know there is a conflict between Anomen and Kelsey but I don't know about Edwin and Anomen. Remember not to ditch these NPCs as doing so will kill the romance (but I assume you already know that).

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I'm pretty sure there's gonna be a conflict between them- there has been two lovetalk interruptions due to bickering, so I suspect it isn't all that far away. Edwin's looks to be pretty good, but I've always quite liked Anomen for some reason.

I agree with the Valygar and Haer'dalis idea- both of them could be rather interesting. Besides, neither come across as arrogantly as Anomen can, which would seriously increase their popularity.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I've never played the Edwin romance. If you have the flirt packs, you may want to try CN Anomen because he loosens up quite a bit. Other than some racy flirts, Anomen's romance is pretty similar to when he's LG.

If you really can't decide, make an archive save. Choose whichever, then go back and reload if you want the other one.

5. Mordokai Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I heard only good things about Edwin romance, so I would say choose him. Part of me says so because I really don't like Anomen(you could actually say I hate his guts), but that's just me. Also, from the spellhold studios, I found the following:

But, you probably know that.

And, I hope you wont mind if I ask a question of my own about the romances, so I don't have to set a whole new topic out for it.

My question is following. Can half orc males romance Viconia? Some sources say yes, other say no, and I'm more than little confused. So, if anybody can solve my dilema, I would be grateful.

And once Decados, sorry for abusing your topic for my own interest.

6. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Thanks for the replies.

Yep, but thanks anyway- I almost did forget.

No problem. Half-Orcs can romance Viconia if the Baldurdash fix has been installed (I assume it will be in the BG Fixpack as well, though I haven't checked).

7. blob Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Anomen romance is better if you install NPC flirt pack. But I must have to say, I like LG Anomen better than CN....

8. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Edwin! Edwin He's our Ma- Wo... Wait Edwin what are you this week? ~snickers~

Does his Romance have ToB content?

9. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I believe so.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.