1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A ring for Black Jay

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by oicur4saken, Dec 19, 2010.

1. oicur4saken Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I can't believe I'm bothering you with this simple question but it's a puzzle for me and very frustrating! I thought I had this pick-up problem fixed? Didn't have any problems at the Moathouse; but I still have to go back and finish up there.

It's night time, I've talked to Black Jay, found out about his sheep being poisoned and took care of that.

Went and killed the Goblin, but can't pick up the ring. Does this have to be done in the day time and do I need to have Black Jay ask for the ring first? I can't initiate that conversation. Thanks for your help.

2. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    If you see the goblin at all in Hommlet then you're somehow still not playing the Co8 modpack. All I can suggest is that you go back and carefully re-do all the steps I outlined for you before in the other thread. Additionally, the actual installation intructions for the mod are available in the release notes contained in the modpack download, all over the Co8 forums, and at Co8's ModDB page where the mod is hosted.

3. oicur4saken Gems: 2/31

Hummmmm! Not as smart as I thought I was. Thought I nailed it this time. One thing is for sure, I'm learning where everything and everyone lives in town. Thanks, I'll give it one more good solid effort. Before I uninstall, is there a way to save my current character stats? Move the file some place else and after re-installment, move it back again, or do I just have to suck it up and start all over again? If it can be moved, what file would it be? Again, thanks for your help.

4. Gaear

Media:
    You could back up your 'players' folder (I think it's called) in Temple of Elemental Evil/modules/ToEE, but you probably shouldn't, as the Co8 modpack changes some fundamentals of character creation like additional feats for higher levels, etc. (So if you generated those characters in vanilla ToEE, there may be compatability problems with them in the modpack.)

Also, no offense but I think it's a bad idea for you to focus on anything but the bare essentials/fundamentals at this point, being as a proper basic installation from which to get up and running is still your main goal here.

p.s. - You really may want to just wait a few days ... Co8 will be releasing a non-beta shortly with all the bells and whistles that, among other things, will automatically deploy all the necessary files to their proper locations for you (and circumvent the WinRAR archive element entirely). That would very likely solve all your problems, and you'd have the latest/greatest of everything.

5. oicur4saken Gems: 2/31

Thanks Gaear, I owe you and wish there was some way to repay the debt.

I've printed out your instructions and presume the first part of the, the deleting part, will remain the same. Hopefully there will be instructions for the novice player like myself for uploading them.

I can wait until after the New Year; I have a couple of other hobbies to keep be busy in the interim.

One other question while I think of it, would you, or anyone else for that matter, have, or know where I can find a decent walk through, by Author, you could recommend. I have what could be called a generic one, author unknown. and I don't think it's all that good because there are several mistakes I've seen in it. But it could be me too because I still don't know the game, yet.

I hope you don't get tired of hearing or embarrassed of my saying thanks so often!

Could you let me know here when the latest version is available?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  6. Gaear

Media:
    The next modpack (6.0.0) will be out on December 28.

I think there are walkthroughs here at SP, but I doubt they cover much Co8 new content. If you're going to play the NC (new content) version, there is a lot of that.

7. oicur4saken Gems: 2/31

Thank you!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.