1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A ray of hope against a dreary New York sky

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by eveningdrive, Sep 17, 2001.

1. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Greetings everyone!

I don't know many of you have been following the posts on the WTC topic opened by Mathetais, but if you have, then it is possible that you have chanced upon the two replies where I have entered my opinions and experiences, and my story of loved ones missing.

I felt a need to share this with all of you, as there seems to be a dearth of good news the past few days. Lord knows that we all need to find something that will, even in a small way, uplift our spirits.

I've finally gotten word from my relatives in New York! Apparently, they temporarily moved in with a friend in Jersey while the rescue and relief efforts were going on. It took them a while to assure us of their good health, because apparently most of the communication lines were being used by the government.

They are all safe. My uncle, my two aunts, and the kids. I don't know how long but I have been crying and praying and thanking the Lord above for bringing them back to us. A great and terrible weight has been lifted from me, and for the first time in days i can actually breathe a little easier and go to bed without a deep worry for my family.

To those who have prayed for and with me, THANK YOU! To those who have posted a reply or have e-mailed me to keep my spirits up and remain strong in my time of despair, THANK YOU!

To those who are still waiting, I now humbly pass on to you the prayers, the strength and the goodwill that the wonderful people of SP have lent me, and add to that my own prayers and support.

Thank you everyone, for making this place a richer, more insightful and more meaningful place. A place to share our views in the hope that our words might touch the hearts and minds of others, while being touched ourselves by their own brand of wisdom.

Thank you! Be safe, and God bless us all! :)

P.S.
    Thanks for the rub Capstone. :)

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] I'm glad your family is safe.

A friend of mine is still waiting to hear from his sister who lives in NY...so let's pray that she is ok.

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

[​IMG] Glad to hear that... No-one deserves to lose family this way, things like that can really damage also persons that loose people they knew and loved. :nono:

4. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Eveningdrive, my pleasure. It's a bit frustrating to me that I can't really do anything to help in this situation... can't even give blood yet, as I'm not eligible for a couple more weeks.

I'm glad to hear that your family is safe after all. I heard about all the fliers going up around the city for missing people. It tears me up... not even knowing what has actually happened to your family is horrible -- almost worse than actually finding out they are dead.

I'm still praying for all who have been involved in this.

5. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] I think your prayers are in vein i am afraid capstone.

6. Capstone Gems: 16/31

No prayers are ever in vain. :)

Arguing with me on this particular point is pointless and counterproductive. :D :D :D

7. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31

[​IMG] I am sorry. I was simply pointing out that i think that the last survivor is already pulled out and that the 5000 people who are missing are already dead.
    I was not meaning to give you material with which to extend your ego to an even more unbelievable size.
    In future i will try to stick with simple language.

8. Capstone Gems: 16/31

Ah, I misunderstood.

Incidentally, it's no boost to my ego to say that prayers are never in vain. It's not me that gets prayers answered, it's God. He gets all the glory, as far as I'm concerned.

And re the other discussions, please don't take my criticism personally. I'm not trying to attack you. Your last post in the Taleban thread was much more coherent and made a valid point; that's what I was pushing for in the first place.

9. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31

Nice god you have up there mate that destoys millions of inoccents though seems to let osama bin laden live...
    Everday i fin it harder and harder to believe in god.

10. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Earth is only the playground on which God can test people and observe people. It doesnt matter if you have been evil most your life. If you believe in god when you die you go to heaven. We have had this discussion recently. At least this is the christian approach. I respect Islam and budism etc. untill I convince myself to have true faith.

11. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Nobleman, are you Christian? Do you belive in what you said: that God "observes and tests people" or that the Earth is God's playground?

12. Big B Gems: 27/31

13. Elendil Gems: 7/31

Oh come on, Big B, don't tell me you're refering to the rumour that "the smoke above NY had the shape of Satan".
    You can't blame neither God nor Satan for this, you can only blame stupid and evil people. Just people, like always...

14. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Elendil if god exsist that view is plausible enough. What is wrong with observing people to see if they are ready for heaven, when you are God? Can we at all understand God's reason for creating earth if it was not to prepare us to heaven?

But to answer your question and not be inpolite, I believe in an entity far beyond our comprehension. If it is the Christian God I have no idea.

EDITED HERE: In short: No I am not christian, and I doubt I'll ever be.

EDITED AGAIN: I am sorry Eveningsdrive, it was not nice of me to turn your family post into this. I Can only say that I am very happy to hear a true story of joy and happiness in these dark times. I wont post anymore here, unless it has relevance to the post.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited September 19, 2001).]

15. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31

me too i am sorry for turning this post into a slanging match
    I am very happy for you!

16. Elendil Gems: 7/31

I'd like to discuss that with you Nobleman, but this is the wrong thread. Maybe in some other topic.
    Sorry Eveningsdrive, the blame is also on me. I too am happy that your loved ones are safe. Cheers.

In fact, the blame is totally on me, because I started the debate. Sorry again, Eveningsdrive...

[This message has been edited by Elendil (edited September 19, 2001).]

17. Big B Gems: 27/31

[​IMG] Faces in the smoke is not the deal here, my two posts in that thread were. Read before you leap. What could lead these terrorists into thinking that by slamming a plane into a tower (with them on it) would help fight a "holy war"??? Satan, the great deceiver that's who/what. I don't care if you can or can't see his face in the smoke, that's not the real issue, the issue is that Satan is very involved in this indeed. Yet people still don't see the truth. Want the Truth? Read the Bible.

18. eveningdrive Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] Don't worry about it people, no harm done. :) Maybe you folks were just emotional? Besides, I appreciate your views because I learn from them. I don't agree with some of them, but hey, we're all individuals, right? They are your opinions and I respect them. :)

Oh, and thank you very much. :wave:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.