1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A question from a newbie

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by Vicsun, May 7, 2001.

1. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] I was just wandering, is there any way to assaign scripts to my party members (as in BG)? I think it's pretty annoying to pause every few seconds.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  3. FenixStrife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

It can be done, but its not supported. Basically, you have to take apart Torment.exe and find the part refering to the scripts, then figure out how theyre coded and edit the code. There are a few reasons why you shouldnt do this:

1) Its illegal to modify (or look at) the source code to a copyrighted program.

2) I doubt that its possible without the exact correct circumstances. You need a way into the source code (which I found in a bug) and a way to compile the code after youve edited it. That was easy for me because its written in C++ and I take C++ programming as a course.

--FenixStrife

4. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

But why? That's so annoying! Is it that big problem for the black isle guys to add some scripts?
    Is there a chance that scripts can be addded in the next patch or something?

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There won't be a next patch. Pray for sequel like me. :(

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    There won't be a sequel either, so all your hopes are in vain. But for the amount of fighting in Torment you don't really need those scripts.

7. Avooch Dar Guest

They could not make a sequel.....YOU KILL YOURSELF AT THE END. that means you go to true death, finito, end, gone, push'in up the daisys, drawn the curtains, mortis, finished, gone to meet his maker. God why are people still asking weather there will be a sequel.

I understand totally though i would love to another similar game come out........nothing can quite compare with PT.

8. Taluntain

Media:
    Uh, no you don't. Killing yourself at the end is only one of the options, and that one is the least favourable.
    In all other cases the Nameless One goes off to serve in the Blood War.

So we could be equally annoyed at you posting that you kill yourself at the end all the time. :rolleyes:

9. herf Guest

he doesnt kill himself u idiot! he goes to the lower plains! it would take him at most half an hour to go back to sigil considering the amount of portals there are!
    there could be a sequel!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.