1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A question about SK

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by TrueBlueAussie, Mar 8, 2008.

1. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I was wondering, if I has a multiclass character (say a f/m) could you change the kit to something other than a fighter kit?
    Reason being, I really want to use either an arcane wielding paladin or ranger or an extremely righteous thief :p (could also go for the ultimate contradiction of a paladin/assassin, but i dont think so)

Has anyone tried this before? Or are there ways you could do something similar?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Edit: also, is it possible to use a mod kit with this idea? Its just that I have never seen mod kits on the kit listing in SK

2. Kullervo Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

You can add one kit to a multiclassed character, so you could create fighter/assassin, berserker/cleric or thief/necromancer and so on. Double kits (kensai/assassin) are impossible, I think. Paladin/assassin has alignment conflict, but you might get around it with SK. To some extent it is possible to make unusual combinations without problems, barbarian/druid worked for me. There might be some hassle with special abilities, check this thread:

http://www.sorcerers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20487

[Please don't link to the old boards, it's all here. -Tal]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2008
  3. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

It's indeed possible to give multi-classed characters specific kits with SK. However, AFAIK, there could be some problems regarding # attacks, saving throws, HP etc. As long as you reset your character at 1 xp point in combination with getting the exact stats for a lvl 1 character of your choice, you should be allright. You could always do that math for higher levels as well, but every time I've done it, I've done it like stated above.

As for combining.. say a Ranger/Mage, I don't know actually. My experience with SK is that it's not exactly flawless.. Perhaps someone else could enlighten you regarding this matter.

Oh, and make sure you start a multi-class to get everything correct.

4. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Although it won't work on your PC, the Level 1 NPC mod at G3 will allow you to change the class of any Bioware NPC to whatever class you want (including mod kits, provided they are installed before the Level 1 NPC mod), and will allow you to assign a kit to a multi-class NPC.

As far as using SK goes, I usually copy my game to mult-player, create a single class character with the kit I want, and in SK compare the various items (particulary those under the Innate and Affects tabs) to make sure they's consistent. Also, make sure you click the Kit button on the Affects tab. And yes, this works with mod kits as well.

Either way, you can't assign a kit where the base class of that kit isn't allowed in the multi-class. So you couldn't create a Swashbuckler/Druid (as you can't have a druid/thief) or Inquisitor/Mage (as paladins can't be multi-classed) (although you could make an Anti-Paladin/Mage, as an anti-paladin (Tactics mod) is a fighter kit).

Last edited: Mar 8, 2008
  5. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm rusty on the details, but I'm pretty sure it's not possible to build illegal mulitclass combos in SK. So you're never going to find a paladin/otherclass in your dropdown menu. Paladins are intended to be single class characters. You could certainly give a paladin the assassin kit, but I'm not sure how well this would work out. I say you'd want to test it a little.

I think you'll find that you are pretty limited in your MC options, but as has been mentioned, you can basically apply any kit to any character (how well those kits work with the characters class selection may vary).

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    One problem with illegal classes: the level up screen will cause crashes (I tried to make a ranger/thief).

7. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

As gnomes are the ONLY class that are able to multiclass with the wizard illusionist 'kit', and thus considering many people have mentioned it is possible to add a kit to a regular multiclass character, WOULD it be possible to add a kit to a multiclass gnome (part illusionist)??

For example,
    This would be a viable multiclass elf - Thief/Wizard
    This would be a viable multiclass gnome - Thief/Illusionist

So thus with SK enabled,
    The Elf could become a Swashbuckler/Wizard
    But COULD the gnome become a Swashbuckler/Illusionist?

This topic may have been brought up in previous threads but I just wanted to be sure..

8. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No, you'd have to turn the gnome into a generalist mage (i.e. remove the illusionist kit) in order to add another kit.

9. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Only one kit is allowed with SK. So, either swashbuckler or illusionist, not both.

Otherwise, the extremely deadly kensai/swashbuckler would rule rule the planes.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.