1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

a question about a VERY annoying glitch

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ivellos the Bladesinger, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] :help:
    i was wondering if anybody else encountered a glitch/screw-up that makes the game freeze for about 2 seconds, then totally shut down, going back to te desktop.
    i am really anniyed at this because it has appened on a few occasions where i am crushing Bodhi or Irenicus, or some other tough enemy(dragons,twisted rune door quest)

so if anybody else has encountered this problem

please let me know how to make
    it stop :mad: :confused:

THANK TO ANY ADVICE OR HELP!! :grin:

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Are you using Windows XP? If so, download the patch.

3. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] thanks a bunch
    i think it also happened with Windows 2000 and IIRC Windows 98

4. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

its never happened to me before (win2kPro) although I have had other types or crashes, the patch and not using mods tends to stop that kinda annoying crap, the mod which was crashing my game was the Spell-50 mod, that was rather annoying since it is a cool mod if you use it in conjunction with the XP cap remover.

5. Ivellos the Bladesinger Gems: 5/31

wat does the spell-50 mod do?

6. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The only time something like this happened to me was when I was fighting [snip], I just figured there was too much going on on-screen for the computer to handle

[ToB spoilers removed.] -Tal

[ October 30, 2003, 11:36: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

7. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It continues the increases in spell power up to level 50...I think they stop at level 20 normally.

Example: Horrid Wilting usually does 1d8 per level of caster. Using this mod you can do 50d8 Horrid Wiltings. Ouch.

However it works for enemies also.

8. Razal'dar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I've also encountered this problem with no MODs installed and with a patch installed. I'm running in XP.

9. Cryonic Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Have you tried cleaning up your BG2 cache folder ? I have a similar problem from time to time, and this always helps. It was also independent of my OS version (Win98SE, WinXP).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.