1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A play

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by ChickenIsGood, Feb 2, 2009.

1. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Here's a short little play I wrote for my Theatre class... Guidelines were to be less than two pages and due the next day. No time to be overly creative ;)

---

(A crystal ball sits on a small table that has two people sitting across from eachother. One is the oracle, a woman of age 65, the other is a young boy of about 13 years named Timmy)

Timmy: Oracle, please show me the way that I will die.

Oracle: Young Timmy, re you sure that you wish to see the cause of your demise?

Timmy: Yes Ma'am.

Oracle: No need to be so proper, just call me “Ora,” like Dora the Explorer without the “D”. Now let's have a look...

(The oracle looks into the crystal ball for a few moments, making gestures over it with her hands, before making a small gasp and looking back up at Timmy with a grim look on her face)

Timmy: Wha-what is it?! What have you seen.

Oracle: The most vile of all deaths. Death... by scurvy.

Timmy: Scurvy? Oh my that won't be a problem, I always get at least six servings a day of fruits and vegetables.

Oracle: Oh do you now... hmmm, interesting. Let me take another look.

(She proceeds to look into the ball as before, and withdraws with a gasp that sounds an awful lot like 'syphilis')

Timmy: What now?

Oracle: This one may be a little inappropriate... How 'bout I just warn you to never be with a girl.

Timmy: “Be with a girl?” But, how can I avoid them.

Oracle: You'll know what I mean in a few years. Now, let's try to find something else.

(She looks into the ball again and withdraws with a slight smile)

Oracle: Well, it appears you will live a full life and die a natural death, as long as you eat six servings of fruits and vegetables a day, and never couple with some (she winks) lucky young lady.

Timmy: Tha-that's awful! All the other kids have exciting deaths! Robert Racker is going to get bayoneted at age 34! Missy Miyot will have a piano fall on her. And even Collin Currey has a good one. He'll be eaten by the first polar bear he ever comes across. All my friends are going to die in cool ways, and I'll just live out my life! Is there anything I can do to change it!

Oracle: I know of nothing, young man.

Timmy: Well thanks for nothing jerk-face! I want my money back (Timmy proceeds towards edge of stage) And your tea was BAD!

Oracle: (Rising out of her seat and running off stage) Well, apparently there's one thing you could do to change your death! (EXIT Timmy and Oracle, with the latter chasing the former)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.