1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A piece of my story, silencer training

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Lokken, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I promised I put a bit of my story, so here be a piece.. for anyone interested. It might be a bit confusing, as I'm jumping into chapter 4, but oh well. :)

During our lives we all have to wrestle the inner demons at some point, but who is to tell that these demons are not just aspects of our true selves warning us that we’re about to do what does not seem like the right thing to do. – Skifro’s Journal.

It was dark night, and the clouds covered every trace of moonlight. Only a few starts winked from the black carpet above, but not enough to reveal the hunter in the shadowed bush. She could feel the Silencer suit crawling tight to her body, smooth like a silken caress. The spider armours were truly an amazing invention, enhanced making them resistant to all kinds of environment and most known chemicals. These were the primary reasons it was the combat armor of choice among the assassins, aside the fact that it never made a sound either and had standard sidearm protection on thigh and torso made it just the better. The mask she wore was the essential part of hunting, smooth like an ivory surface and jet black it covered the entire face with filters for breathing so you wouldn’t be heard or seen due to breath problems. The left eye of the mask was a small screen-like gadget going back to the ear with an earpiece attached; this would enhance hearing ability and allow for several forms of vision. A smaller rectangular gadget covered the right eye with a tiny antenna going up, able to bring forth satellite map over the area sent to it by a nearby communications station, or switch back to normal vision.
    Only 200ft away was the mansion with the large garden in which she was hiding. She could see what looked like an empty green coloured room except for some small table in the middle of it. Upon the table was incense giving off a trail of smoke, and in front of the table, sat a man in lotus position facing the garden. Her intelligence report had been correct. This had to be Skifro, the security breach she was sent to take care of. He had closed his eyes and seemed in deep trance or meditation and she knew the time to strike would be right. She raised her rifle and enabled the laser pointer that was only visible when looking through the mask. Silent as a shadow, still as a rock, she aimed the pointer between his eyes. All her teachings ran through in the moment of heartbeat, which she too lowered. Still, low pulse, be static and not kinetic while shooting, thus you will never miss your aim. Target that which is visible, then you can be sure it is unprotected, thus never aim for the heart. Kill your emotions, thus there will be no doubt in completing the mission. Patience is key, wait for the right moment.
    Taking a few deep breaths, she started to subdue her emotions, became cold and calculating waiting for the moment. She saw him up close through the scope; he was rather slim yet muscular with tanned skin. He sat in a robe that revealed his chest, he had some kind of small tattoo on his left collarbone, then she stared at the face and the dot between the closed eyes. He had short black hair, a straight short nose and sharp cheekbone, and he looked at ease as if he didn’t have a care in the world. She dissolved her thoughts and focused on the dot, but there was a tangible feeling that urged her not to shoot. Kill your emotions! It was the voice of her hated brother and teacher ordering from the back of her mind. The struggle within lasted only a second, but seemed like a lifetime of futile revolt against her brother. She hated and feared him beyond all else due to his cunning and his merciless nature. She lost and could feel it in her entire body that the moment had come. With held breath, she started the countdown in her head, 3…2…1…

He stared at her! In the very heartbeat she was about to pull the trigger he had opened and stared right at her! It was like direct eye contact through the sniper scope, and she froze in panic. How could he have seen her, she was like the shadow and stone that as she learned to be. Had become one with the surroundings as she had been taught. How could he know? Once again, the voice of her brother rolled from the back of her mind.
    “There is no panic! There is no fear! There is only duty! Sacrifice yourself for the cause if needed be, but bother not return not if failing a task, for I shall give pleasure in hunting you down!”
    She immediately killed her panic, but now the target looked at her with pity, and she once again heard the cry of her emotions telling her she was stepping onto the wrong path. She tried to fight of her emotions, but they only grew more powerful until finally she could feel the tears burn behind her eyes. The voice of brother screamed inside her head now, “Finish it! Finish it! Finish it!!!” till she could bear it no longer.

She screamed as loud into the night as she possibly could and burst into tears, hulking loudly as she threw away her rifle and mask, and rolled up like a little ball, hugging herself. Her emotions had run rampant and the memories of her entire life flushed through the back of her eyes like a flood. The merciless and cruel training of her brother, all the people she had assassinated, even the death of her parents when she was but a little child. Then she felt it, it was the gentle hand of the target reaching out to calm her. She didn’t know the man she supposedly should have killed only moments before who now kneeled beside her, but crawled into his embrace of comfort and he held her close whispering warmly to her, “Just let it all out, you’re going to be alright. What’s your name?”
    “Ja… Ja… Jade” she stammered through the sobs, and felt utterly lost. For some reason she could not explain, her inner barrier had been breached and all of the past flushed out smashing every resistance in its way inside of her. She felt utterly defeated and weak with only the fear of her brother that remained looming behind it all like a towering shadow.

He took her inside the house and brought a cup of steaming tea. They sat in the room with incense, and it made her feel temporary safe for a reason she couldn’t explain. He sat down in front of her and put the cup at the table, looking into her glistening green eyes.
    “Jade, you’re safe now. No harm will come to you,” he whispered comfortingly to her, and took her hand and held it tight as if he was the anchor on which she could rely. The fool! He knew nothing. She could never be truly safe from her brother, but oh how badly she wanted to believe his words was nearly indescribable, and just erase all those dark memories from her mind. She looked back at ham and tried to summon a smile of thankfulness when she saw, him! There he was in the flesh, with a glint of evil in his eye and a smirk upon his face, Cyan her brother.
    “You cannot hide sister! Not from me.” He sneered at her. She wanted to scream, but was totally frozen in fear, and in a split second Cyan had grabbed the hair of the man and plunged the hidden dagger through the back of his neck. She screamed.

“Hey! Hey! Relax! It was just a dream!” Jade felt strong hands holding her down to the bed, and opened her eyes looking wildly from side to side, panting. She lay covered in sweat and felt weak and vulnerable, then started to cry as she realized it had been a nightmare. The same nightmare she had experienced so many times before. Skifro embraced her and caressed her hair, whispering words of comfort. She held him tightly and felt calmed by his presence as she burrowed her face into his neck, sobbing. Why can’t he just die! The demon! She wanted nothing more right now than to know with certainty that her brother was dead and unable to haunt them.
    “He’ll come... I know it. Someday, he’ll come” she whimpered.
    “It’s just a bad dream, darling. We’ll watch our backs. We’ll stand together in this …,” he whispered. His calm reminded her of that time long ago when they had met for the first time. Just like the dream, but with no Cyan. She had been sixteen at the time, and it had been the best moment of her entire life. Nevertheless, through the years her fear of her brother had returned to haunt her during night, night after night.
    Skifro didn’t know how he was like! He was monster in the shape of a man, cunning and skilled beyond comparison. She knew she was better than Skifro in close combat, and she knew Cyan was so much better than she was, and she knew he would leap at them like that someday. Like a cat playing with the mouse, inflicting as much possible pain, grief, and hopelessness as possible before the kill. The horrible memories of her training, of her mutilation, suddenly popped up in her mind and shuddering, she gripped Skifro tight.

She had been five when her parents had a fatal accident in a car crash and the silencers kidnapped her. They had named her Jade and called her their little sister. This was when she first had met him, Cyan, her assigned elder brother who was in charge of her training. Tall, fit and nimble, he was like a whirlwind when he moved. He had the face of a predator, hawk-like features covering his humanity as a cold mask. His utter absorbing black eyes could pierce her heart if he wanted to, and not once had she traced the love of a brother in the form of a mild look or a kind word that she had heard rumours about from the outside world.
    At first, he was gentle and strict, rewarding obedience with rest and punishing rule breaking with pain. Though what she remembered most clearly was not the extensive combat training, it was he called lectures of survival. It had been many years ago, she was probably around ten at the time he decided she was ready for it. The flashbacks took control, and she could no longer keep them at bay.

It was her first time in the woods with a weapon. Cyan had sent her hunting a target that she had to terminate. She recalled his words.
    “A real lesson in assassination is killing your first mark, a target which you have no emotional ties with,” he had said them right before sending into her woods, and it was the first time she knew her objectives. She had to kill a man.
    The rain came pouring from the thundering sky above and she crept low through the wet undergrowth of the forest. It was a dense forest and visibility was reduced to almost nothing in the rain. All was black, green, and rain.
    “You are a fully trained fighter, Jade. I have invested quite an amount of time in you. Do not fail me. I wouldn’t like to discipline you for failing.” She heard the words in her mind, as she peered through the leaves of the bush in which she was hiding. Then she heard it, a little to her left, probably fifty metres ahead. She still had no silencer suit, thus dependent on only what her natural senses would grant her. Targeting in a split second she waited with held breath. She saw the branch that swayed unnatural that something larger than a normal creature of the wood had passed. The target had to be hiding behind that great oak. Waiting, she was ready to fire, ignoring the sounds of the thunder, ignoring the rain pouring on her face. Cyan would have been proud she thought, her focusing skill had become really good.
    Come out, come out, whatever you are…
    “What do you do when interrupted in hunting?” roared a voice as a powerful hand grabbed her rifle and threw it away. During a split second, she instinctively kicked out at the knee of her assailant and tried for a jab at the throat. The dark figure was fast as lightning kicking her foot away, and with a single motioning of his other hand, he had her wrist in a firm grip, twisting her arm unto her back. Her arm ached from his grip and made her kneel to the ground only to receive his knee in the face. She cried out due to the immensive pain, as if a train had run her down. From the sound of it, she was sure that her nose was broken. She started to whimper.
    “You survive! Stealthily disposing of whatever obstacle has come in your way!” the hard voice was familiar to her now, and her teary eyes looked up at who had brought her to this misery. Cyan stood with an emotionless expression on the face looking down on her.
    “You cannot allow weakness! Weakness equals death!” he yelled at her through the rain.
    He hardly finished his sentence before he had snapped her arm with a flick of the wrist, breaking it. She cried out once more, but the only reply was a kick in her spine sending her face first into the mud. Sobbing like a little girl, she rolled onto her side and looked pleadingly at him.
    “Please… no more, please brother! No more!” she cried.
    He grabbed her by the hair, pulled her up and held her against a tree, then brought a knife under her chin. “What kind of tool of misery are you? What if I had been a rapist that just wanted to mutilate and kill you! Are you a failure!” he shouted into her face, more like a statement than an actual question. She saw the death in his dark eyes, and knew her time was at end.
    “Are you a survivor or are you a ****ing loser! A failure!” he spitted into her face, and pushed the knife-edge closer, marking a fine line of blood on her throat.
    As she felt the cold blade upon her skin, she reacted and her functional arm grabbed his wrist as she got a foot behind his ankle tripping him. He fell, but got her dragged down with him, and they both rolled around in the muddy undergrowth. She could think of nothing but run, run far away, and stumbling to her feet she ran without looking back, running as if the hounds of hell were at her steps. Looking around she could find no trace of her brother nor hear him, but she continued running through the forest, branches and leaves slapping her as she stormed through them, until she found a small cover between the trees on a hillside. Falling to the ground, she cried. Never before had she been so humiliated or defeated, nearly even killed. Her broken nose and arm caused tremendous pain, and all of body ached from the brutal assault of her brother. Wet, in pain and nowhere to go, she tried to fall asleep, praying to fall into oblivious sleep.
    She remembered, and the horrible returning home. Stepping into their house where her brother had commented on succeeding the test. The test! He had nearly killed her, for a mere test. The medics had of course patched her up in the hospital in no time, but for all that time she doubted on her brother coming into her room and trying to kill her when she lay there defenceless in bed and bandages. He did not come.

She gritted her teeth and banished the memory, and upon opening her eyes, she felt the warmth and safety of Skifro’s presence.
    “Promise me you’ll always look out for me Skifro. I… I can’t handle it alone. Promise…” her blurred eyes looked up into his. Skifro caressed her face and kissed her forehead gently. “I promise,” he whispered soothingly. He could hear her muffled voice nearly breaking down.
    “You lie… you’re coming off the team, how can we watch each other’s backs when we’re not in the same team?”
    “Jade, I’ll always be with you. You’re more important to me than any order they might give, don’t ever doubt that. Trust me. I’ll be there when you need me.”
    She kissed him gently and snuggled up to him, whispering in his ear.
    “I need you…”

[ November 14, 2003, 14:51: Message edited by: Lokken ]

2. Valkyrie Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

wow. that's really good!

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Very nice! I'm looking forward to the finished work, in 2006 ;)

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] hehe, thanks. I'll aim for that Rallymama ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.