1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A Note from Feargus Urquhart

Discussion in 'Game/SP News & Comments' started by NewsPro, Oct 31, 2001.

1. NewsPro Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

(Originally posted by Darien)

Feargus Urquhart recently posted a short note on the Black Isle boards about a few hot topics.

I noticed that there have been a number of posts about a few things over the course of the last month. I will try to give you all as much information about these things that I can. Unfortunately due to Interplay being a public company and some of these things having to do with legal matters, it is hard for me to explain everything.

1) TORN being cancelled. I have heard that a lot of people felt that this was done by a flippant "corporate" decision. So you all know, it was ultimately my decision to cancel TORN. This was approved by others at Interplay, but if it had not been a decision I was happy with, then TORN would not have been cancelled. To be somewhat frank with all of you, the development of the project was not going well. I am not talking about only a few things going badly on the project - I am talking about almost nothing going right on the project. I felt that the best decision was to get people off of it and onto other things. A lot of very talented people who work for BIS were working on TORN and I felt that a lot of them would have left or got burnt out if the project continued. The best way I can explain it is that, while you may wish as hard as you can for something - it doesn't always work out.

2) The Neverwinter Boards. Unfortunately I can not discuss the Neverwinter Boards coming down. I can say that Black Isle is still 100% behind Bioware and Neverwinter Nights, and will do whatever we can do to help with the project. Ultimately the Neverwinter boards would have been hosted by Bioware - this just happened on a faster timeline.

3) Project Announcements. I know people are worried about us not having announced anything recently. To at least put some of people's fears to rest - we are working on things - a lot of which are very cool. However, either due to project timelines or approvals we are not in a position to talk about any of them yet. Believe me, as soon as we can talk about them, you will all hear all about them.

As always, please feel free to ask any further questions.

Feargus Urquhart
    President
    Black Isle Studios

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.