1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A New Toy

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Elios, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I just recently dished out several grand on a new toy, plus accesories.
    You can see my new toy here:
    http://www.astronomics.com/main/product.asp?n1=2&t1=1&myStype=Schmidt%2DCassegrains&styp=3&bURL=tMeade%2Easp&vid=1&product%5Ftype%5Fid=1&sku=14210GU&op=
    (I bought it directly from the company, but their links weren't working right) But anyways, it was a fairly expensive one.
    What was the most expensive "toy" you've ever purchased? Cars don't really count, unless it was something like an old classic or sports car, something you didn't need. If you mention a computer, it better be one that cleans your house and serves you a drink on request!

2. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    [​IMG] My most expensive toy would be....the PlayStation 2 that will be arriving at my house in the next couple of weeks :grin: Now I just need a TV....a licence....

3. Thorin Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Minus my computer and computer parts, the only toy i have bought is well... okay i admit it I have never bought a toy, unless you count a spare pair of shoes.

4. Frostmage Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

My god man! Our both cars didn't cost that much, and you call it "fairly expensive"?!? :eek:

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

That is a seriously sweet telescope.

I haven't used one in years (I have a couple, but they are both "broke" in some way and I have yet to either weld a make-shift piece or figure out some other kind of work-around).

I have since learned that, when buying a telescope, getting parts that are all steel is important. Because if you break a piece, you can always wire weld it.

Hope you got some good filters for it.

6. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

It would have to be between warhammer and my train for my trian set. Both of witch I need to finish.

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Our most expensive toy would have to be our custom-made tandem bicycle. If you're really interested in the technical details, ask Velcro.

8. Elios Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Seriously sweet doesn't even begin to describe it. All I have to do it line this puppy up with north, actually, press a button and it does it for me, and its aligned. Then, I just select an object and it automatically moves to that object. I spent all night last night looking just at Jupiter and Saturn. Of course I did check out the craters on the moon too! I'm looking into getting a nice SLR camera and then get an adapter so I can use it on the telescope.

9. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

My expensivest toy would be my piano,if you count it as a toy...

10. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I was planning to buy a drumset I decided to buy a computer in the end.
    My most expensive toy (except from drum-set and computer) is probably my bicycle.

11. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

My most expensive toy would have to be my computer. I was running a 64mb ram and 8gig Hard drive. I bought a 512mb ram 80gig hard drive. Well worth it.

12. Compulsive Dementia Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hmmmmm...... well, I've spent a LOT of money on miniatures, but over so much time I don't really know how much, just a lot.

13. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Most expensive toy would be either my ping-pong table or some huge box of lego.
    I sooooooo loved lego when i was a kid.

14. Frostbite Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Hmm, My new computer, but I didn't buy that really, but according to my Dad you can get PC's quite cheaply now.

I also hope to be getting a PS2 over the internet.
    Does anyone know of any electronics sites where I could get a PS2 cheaply?...Very cheaply? :(

15. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Amongst my more expensive toys, I count a wonderful TV-card which lets me watch TV on my PC.
    Sweet :cool:

16. Ex-Paladine Banned

Ohhh my bike is my most expensive toy.....

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.