1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A Mission of Faith.. Gao'Shin, the Monk (SoA)

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by Black Rose, Sep 29, 2001.

1. Black Rose Guest

My Monk, Gao’Shin

Gao’Shin is a Keeper of Balance, revering Law, Order and Neutrality. (Lawful Neutral). His mission in Amn is to maintain balance and order and satisfy the goals of the High Keepers, an organization of masterful monks. His personal goal is to collect members of his family (Imoen and um.. you know who) and ONLY include them in his adventuring group. Therefore he will be going solo for most of SoA & ToB.

Statistics:

Strength 18/00
    Dexterity 15
    Constitution 18
    Intelligence 11
    Wisdom 15
    Charisma 9

Keeper of Balance Items: (added in with Shadow Keeper)

BOTTOMLESS BAG OF HOLDING: Gao’Shin has been assigned by the High Keepers to collect rare items so that they may be studied and collected for further insight. To aid this process, he has been given a bottomless Bag of Holding.

KATANA +1: This perfectly balanced weapon has been Gao’Shin’s personal blade from the start of his intense Keeper training. It is his favorite blade.

Miscellaneous:

Cure Light Wounds removed from Bhaalspawn innate ability list, to compensate somewhat for his Keeper items.

More to come later..

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Don't forget to use CTRL+Y for all those goblins you can't kill.

3. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Did it have to be a monk :wail:

Don't forget the old fashioned sound effects when you kill the dragons with your kong-fu.

EDITED HERE: ok ok. Good luck. there you go. why don't you pick 18 in dex and 15 in con? much better in my opinion, especially for a monk.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited September 30, 2001).]

4. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

First of all, I think Monks are not allowed an 18/00 strength. Am I right? Seconf of all, you have a total of 76 in your stats, I think. You could have done a lot better (higher dexterity, 18, which would give you a nice large AC bonus, and 18 wisdom, for saving throws, although this isn't as important). Since a Monk can't use any armor, other than Keldorn's anyway, an 18 dexterity would have been invaluable. Sure, you can use the Gauntlets of Dexterity, but in ToB there's lots better items to use....

5. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] yeah i agree, you should probably start again on this quest of balance (:s) and get at least a better roll ;). also, you cannot get and 18/## for monks, they're stuck with 18. i wouldnt bother with the katana, well unless you plan on using it for not long (up to level 15, for example) or just have it for a challenge. stunning blow is a good ability, dont waste it.

6. Namuras Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

And there's the gauntlets of crushing. You don't want to miss those.

No, monks are not allowed 18/00 in strength, that's for fighter-types only. And although I can't see anything wrong in playing with low scores, a higher dex would probably save you a couple of times.

Well, good luck anyway.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.