1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A list of Spells you would use against an enemy

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by shadow_thief, Aug 10, 2001.

1. shadow_thief Guest

Ok...If you were against an enemy, and you were a magic user, what spells would you cast for that enemy. *I am referring to enemies like Yaga-Shura and the likes, not tiny imps that get killed by 1 magic missile.*

1. Time Stop
    2. Improved Alacrity
    3. Sommon Deva/Planetar(Fallen too)
    4. Pierce Magic(for any users with magic)
    5. Black Blade of Disaster

Time Stop ends and the battles starts again.

2. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] you should move the improved alacrity into the number 1 possition because it takes a while to cast(therefore not waisting valuable time in your time stop)and dragon's breath has to have a place in there somewhere. :D(maybe multiple dragon's breaths)

although i am playing a sorcerer, so a mage may or may not have room for all of these spells, i'm not sure.

3. AngelusDomini Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

There are no easy answers. Sorry.

Yaga demanded traps, summoning lots of creatures, defensive spells. Then when he came into range the second time, turn all forces on him for a quick kill.

I was very low level very early in TOB when I took him on.

ad

4. shadow_thief Guest

Oh well...Jack, about moving Improved Alacrity to the front, it would be safer to do so after because Time Stop takes 9 casting time.

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I'd make it like this
    Pre-fight: I always use spell trigger (2xPierce magic(lvl.6) 1xbreach)

1. Improved Alacrity
    2. Time Stop
    3. Fire the spell trigger at the baddest
    4. Abi Dalzim
    5. Abi Dalzim
    6. Abi Dalzim
    7. Abi Dalzim <-- this one just makes it, if I'm lucky.

Abi Dalzim or Dragon Breath, depends on the enemy

6. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I liked to use cold-spells on the firegiants I met in the game, cone of cold & icestorm and it proved very effective - tended to demoralize them :D . I liked creeping death, earthquake and storm of venegance. Abi Dalzim's is great.

And I used greater malison, ray of enfeeblement (handy for giants :D ), lower resistancy and pierce magic a lot.

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited August 10, 2001).]

7. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Totally depends on the enemy. Spells I used most against enemies throughout the ENTIRE game.
    1. Magic Missile- the default spell of most offensive mages (there are mages that just cast protections and haste and all that stuff)
    2. Fireball- Huge fire damage. Multiple Fireballs can kick total arse. Later on I got Delayed Fireball Blast which is way more useful. And finally Dragon Breath the skill, i think, will take Delayed Fireball Blast's space, doesn't hurt allies, and does TONSA damage.
    2. Wizard's Eye- dont need a spying thief if the super fast, invisible, wizards eye can check it all out for me.
    3. Hakeashar- Early on in the game I used Hakeashar as my main summon, immune to almost all weapons, and its SUPER effective against enemy mages.
    4. Time Stop- simple, buys you time to either flee, or cast tons of spells.
    5. Cone of Cold- effective against fire, well, you do see fire stuff a lot. It does damage in a spray, like prismatic which i like.
    6. Improved Alucarity- once I reach a high level Ill get Improved Alucarity. Lets you cast multiple spells without waiting in between
    7. Planetar- VERY strong, esp. since she has the silver sword (i think it has 15% chance of killing opponent every hit). IT has multiple mage and cleric spells on it as well which can be VERY useful (e.g. Raise Dead)

8. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Nowhere on the forums I saw a reference to a spell, which I think is one of the best available: SPELLSTRIKE!

Why you people don't use it? It is very easy to get - from the updated Adventurers Mart after you get out of Underdark.

9. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I just used magic missile, chain lightning, stone skin, time stop, and summon naughty planetar... (Yes, no messing with silly sequencers and triggers, yes, I always had most of my spells unused before resting, yes, I *had* two mages...) Kinda makes me think how clever that was in the first place. Oh well, I got enough hand-to-hand combat for a lifetime.

[edit: I actually used magic missile in the big battles, Yaga-Shura etc. a good all-round combat spell]
    The fighters are more than powerful enough to manage it alone in ToB, perhaps supported by a breach or two.

[This message has been edited by Volar Blackmane (edited August 12, 2001).]

10. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

i didn't really use magic in the yaga shura battle, people kept on getting their spells interupted. but i would use time stopn, then alactracy. if i'm right all the way through time stop the improved alacracy shouldn't run out, because time is stoped, hence the name. and then i'd use meteor, it knocks all the ordinary men out of the way, and then maybe dragons breath. then concentrate on yaga shura with the same really. cone of cold and ice storm should do the trick, and storm of vengeance. all i did was surround him, my main char used assasinate, minsc and valygar, with the vorpal axe and the c'fury, used greater whirlwind (i just love that attack, don't you?). he just went splat.

11. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31

if the enemies arent resistant to fire and are not very high leveled.. i love using spell triggers with fireballs! ( ihave 3 mages so thats 9 fireballs over a large area.. i can take on any group of vampires waiting to ambush me... esp in Brynlaw, Bodhi's lair, and Fiekraggs lair!)

12. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31

the only spell i used in the yaga shura battle was dragon breath. Not on Yaga him self of coarse, but on those damned henchmen of his that kept hacking one guy(seravok). He was the only one that they could get to.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.