1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A History of Violence

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Newfie, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Newfie Banned

Wow! Definitely one of the year's best movies. Great acting, lots of violence, and some very powerful scenes. A real sleeper hit.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I've only vaugly heard about it. I can't even remember who's in it at the moment... :confused:

So, without further adew, my questions for you are:

• Who's in the movie?
    • What did you like about it?
    • What didn't you like about it?
    • What's the plot line?
    • and most importantly, is there nudity? :rolleyes:
    We're waiting... :rolling:

3. Newfie Banned

Who: Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn)
    Maria Bello (The Cooler, Payback)
    Ed Harris
    William Hurt

I like the plotline which builds a little mystery, absorbing you into the story, and then takes you on a ride.

The difference between the evil characters and the simple, small town folk is vast at first but then the line starts to blur as the locals (Tom Stall's family) defend themselves. The link between Viggo and his son and their predicaments is clearly made. Then we start to wonder who Tom Stall really is (Viggo's character) after seeing him in action. Every character is marvellously acted. The scenes switch themes so often (camaraderie, violence, love, heartbreak, courage, menace and most of all forgiveness), you get it all in this package.

I can honestly say there is nothing I disliked about this film. As far as I am concerned, it is flawless.

The plot line starts with two evil characters trying to menace Tom Stall's diner in a small town. Tom springs into action when one of his co-workers is seriously threatened. He receives much publicity for his heroic act, so much so, he grabs the attention of an organized crime figure who thinks he recognizes him from Philadelphia. We are left wondering is Tom this character or not. His son is meanwhile being pushed around by the local bully and his moment of retribution is very satisfying. Tom's family life turns into chaos as these figures menace and harass him. That's as much as I will say. The final scene is a masterpiece.

Nudity, yeah, Bello gets naked a few times and there are some really hot scenes including a cheerleader's outfit and violent sex on a stairwell. Bello smolders as she walks the line between nymphette and sweet mom.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Oh, now I can place the movie...it's the one where Viggo is a small town dude that beats the snot out of some guy, and Ed Harris asks some chick to wonder why he's so good at killing people. :thumb:

From the few trailers I've seen on TV, it looked pretty good. Maybe I'll go see it one of these days if it's still in the theaters or the cheap-seats. :rolling:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.