1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A few questions for those willing to answer

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by Thraxx, Oct 9, 2002.

1. Thraxx Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Before we get to the questions I would like to say hi, so hi.

Now then the question I had was a real head scratcher and I don't know if it has been answered yet so I guess I can ask it...

There is a door in Kuldahar it is locked. Any attempt to pick said lock will result in the message you get from doors that require certain keys to open(Like the doors in Kressalack's Tomb). The door is also unforcable, because my Dwarf(after drinking a Storm Giant Strength Potion) was unable to force it with his axe. So I was wondering if through some cheat device or even through a character editor or anything that could magicaly open a door anyone has opened this locked door and found out what's inside.

Another head scratching question is what is Boo doing here? He was great in Baldurs Gate, where if you tried taking him from Minsc it would play a squeek sound affect, but here it just seems weird that a furry hamster would be found. Now I do admit I found him in the Dale Keeper file editing thingy, but that was when I was obssesed with creating an Ice Troll character(Obsession has subsided due to a somewhat working model) and was looking for a Troll Weapon item. But back on subject does anyone have any idea what a few Baldurs Gate items such as Boo and the dead spider body are doing in Icewind Dale?

[ October 09, 2002, 21:23: Message edited by: Thraxx ]

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] IWD was made over BG files

3. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
  4. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

About the door:
    You can only open the door if you got the Heart of Winter expansion pack, it leads to the expansion areas

Welcome to the greatest website in the world(Tal that means i'd like +1000 posts and a new custom avatar.....just kidding :D )

5. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Ice Trolls ROCK !!!!!!!!!

Other than that, yeah. HoW unlocks that door for you. And you have to have at least one person at level 11, and the rest have to be at least level 8 in order for you to "go anywhere" with that door. If you are enjoying the Icewind, the HoW pack is a good install strictly because it lets you move up to 800x600, and cleans up some of the graphics and spells.

Be aware: HoW makes some subtle changes in even the original IwD's areas. Mostly to the sound, but there's some item swapouts as well. The game is never quite the same, for ill or good...

6. Thraxx Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Well, that answers my questions... thanks to all who took the time to answer it. I won't have any trouble entering the door when adn if I ever install the expansion, mostly the doubt of installing it is in my distrust of the Infinity Engine games and how with each one installed all run slower, but that can change eventualy. Well before I start rambling I'm gonna cut the message short.

Fare well!
    Untill next time!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.