1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A couple of questions possible spoiler

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Elessar, Aug 31, 2001.

1. Elessar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I have a few things going on here and hope that someone can point me in the right direction.

1.) I lost Anomen because I was too busy to go with him to his knighthood. I can't find him now and think I need him though I have Keldorn with me at the moment. Where does Anoment go? Is he gone for good?

2.) I am trying to solve the murders and can't find the whore Rose. I have the elephant leather and have talked to the fat merchant but Rose is nowhere to be found. Any ideas?

3.)Dispell magic isn't working worth a crap. Keldorn's dispell magic doesn't work and neither do my mages'. Aerie is not reacting half the time and I just finished killing the second in command at the Planes Jail and my computer locked up. I have the patch but wonder if I need more?

2. Silvershade Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

1) If Anomen has asked you to go with him to his father's esate and you removed him from the party after that he will be gone for good (I'm not totally sure but I think so).

2) Rose stands just right from the fat merchant you have already talked to. She is dressed up in red and green IIRC.

3) Keldorn's dispel magic worked always good for me. Perhaps you're trying to dispel things that can't be dispelled by 'dispel magic'?

3. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

You really puzzle me...

If you don't want to do anything for Anomen, why did he do? Yes, gone for good.

That harlot is just standing close to Five Flagons Inn's wall looking at that fat merchant. :)

Dispel magic isn't working? Are you sure?

4. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

oh damn no I cant say it twice :p
    :)

5. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Here's the scoop on the spell Dispel Magic from the book >>>>
    The base chance of successfully dispeling magic is 50%. If the caster is higher level than the creator of the effect to be dispelled, 5% per level is added to the chance of success. If the caster is lower level, 10% per level is subtracted from chance of success.

6. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Rose Bouquet not appearing at its place is a bug (or it is triggered by some random thing like phase of the moon, time of day in RL, so - a bug :D).

I have encoutered it in one or two times of about five times I did that quest.

You can still complete the quest, even without Rose.

*SPOILERS*
    Option 1) If you have high CHA (IIRC or INT) you can expose the tanner through dialogue with him.

Option 2) Try to pickpocket the tanner, and he will reveal himself.

7. Elessar Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Thanks for the replies. Modjahed, thanks a lot. There is definately no Rose hanging around the inn so I'll try picking pocketing him. I've tried talking to him, (the tanner), but no luck.

8. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

If you didn't go with Anomen to BE tested, he will still be at the Radiant Heart. If he passed, he'll be so happy he'll forgive you for ignoring him earlier.

On the other hand, as someone already said, if you didn't go with him to his dad's estate, I believe he's gone for good.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.